[SOLVED] Asus Strix B450-f Gaming OC problem

Mar 2, 2020
Hello guys i have the asus strix b450-f gaming motherboard with the amd ryzen 7 1700x and everytime i oc him he is unstable the tests get me black screen , crashes on games and couple of blue screens. Anyone know which is the best bios version for 1st gen cpus because i think its the bios version fault. One other extra problem is that i have bottleneck and with my previous setup i didnt have it (i7 5820k ,32gb ram 3000mhz , gtx 1060 3gb)

Solution
What settings are you using for this OC?

I doubt the OC is unstable because of your BIOS. If you want to make sure, just flash the latest.

And if you are saying your CPU bottlenecks your GPU, that's just not correct. You would be limited by your GPU with both CPUs.

I doubt the OC is unstable because of your BIOS. If you want to make sure, just flash the latest.

And if you are saying your CPU bottlenecks your GPU, that's just not correct. You would be limited by your GPU with both CPUs.

Solution
Mar 2, 2020

I have the latest bios but i didnt tried it on the bios that came from the factory. I tried every compination for oc i saw on sites forums and videos with no result. Before 5820k i had i7 4770 with the same gpu and 16gb ram and again no problem and exactly the same fps with no fps drops or stutters. In CSGO i was on 350-400 fps stable on 144hz monitor and now i strugle 150-200 fps and i am forcing to downgrade the resolution to make a little more playable.

Mar 2, 2020
Honestly, if you previously owned a very high-end extreme edition, going to a 3 gen old Ryzen CPU that cost like $100 used is a downgrade.

I would have gone for 3rd generation at least.

I7 5820k isnt a beast , changing from i7 4770 i didnt see a lot of difference in games. In every test and games ryzen 1st gen is better than 5820k. Also here 5820k used is 100euros and 1700x 150 euros

Last edited: