[SOLVED] Asus Strix B550-f bios update

TobinUK

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014
I have been having usb issues since upgrading my motherboard and cpu (Ryzen 5 5600x) and was told it was probably due to the bios and wait for the update, when i checked it was in beta couple days ago but checked tonight to find no beta version. The version showing are 2003 and also a 2006 but came out both same day. Which is it should i be downloading? I gather 2006 as its the higher number but wanting to check with you guys on forums first :)

Solution
I have been having usb issues since upgrading my motherboard and cpu (Ryzen 5 5600x) and was told it was probably due to the bios and wait for the update, when i checked it was in beta couple days ago but checked tonight to find no beta version. The version showing are 2003 and also a 2006 but came out both same day. Which is it should i be downloading? I gather 2006 as its the higher number but wanting to check with you guys on forums first :)
If I recall correctly the AMD is working on an AGESA release that will fix the USB issues but it's not due from them until some time in early April. Once motherboard mfr's get it they have to incorporate it into a BIOS and regression test it for all their motherboards...that might take...

TobinUK

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014
The official version 2003 is what you should use. 2006 was a beta version subject to withdrawal.
Have you used Flashback before?

I only updated the bios to 1805 for when i first put the 5600x in. Ive done no bios updates at all yet since. So would it be just download the 2003 version? I understand i can do a flash through the bios screen if i remember right?

If I recall correctly the AMD is working on an AGESA release that will fix the USB issues but it's not due from them until some time in early April. Once motherboard mfr's get it they have to incorporate it into a BIOS and regression test it for all their motherboards...that might take some time.

So look for a BIOS with AGESA 1.2.0.2 (or later). Until it's available just do the 'fixes' recommended...disabling gen 4 for PCIE slots is one, can't remember the others.

Reactions: TobinUK
Solution