ASUS Strix GTX 1070 Ti fan turning off and on when idle.

G

Have a feeling its due to the temperature going up by a few degrees.

I have tried setting a 10 degrees leeway in After Burner and doing a clean install of GPU drivers.

Recently installed ASUS Z370-F, would the motherboard be causing this issue?

G

Idle is around 48 degrees, just discovered that my PSU is also doing it every now and then. EVGA G2 750W

WildCard999

Titan

The PSU has ECO mode and turns on when needed, if you turn it off the PSU fan will run constantly. You should be able to create a custom fan profile via MSI Afterburner to keep the fan running constantly if desired.

Ilya__

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
48C Idle seems a little high to me. My 1080Ti sits at 30-33C at Idle with fans off. How good is the airflow inside your case? What is the temperature in your room?

G

It's 22 degrees outside. However, probably around 25 in my room and my PC is in the corner. But I also have a front 280mm rad and its a S340 elite so airflow isn't the best.

Ilya__

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016

Yep, I think airflow is the culprit here so the temps are elevated. You could try installing a couple of good fans to improve temps, but the cheapest option is to change the fan curve using software. For longevity I would probably try to improve airflow.

G

Just built most of this system a few days ago but 48 degrees idle isn't concerning for me, as my CPU is also at 27 idle with default thermal paste on a 8700K. I see you have a Corsair 750D so airflow is going to be much better.