[SOLVED] ASUS STRIX ROG B450-F - Ez lights not turning on

May 1, 2015
I'm trying to setup my motherboard for the first time. I'm not using any case and just testing on some wood.
I shorted the power pin with the grnd and it turns on the CPU fans, GPU as well as the RAM.

I didn't get any signal to my monitor so I turned off the PSU manually. I removed the SSD and checked if the lights would give me some output.
However the debug light are off.

When I turn on the PSU again I can see one of the lights that came with the motherboard turning on (Not the debug light, just one with the logo)
But gpu and cpu are still off until I short the cables again. So I'm assuming this is how its supposed to work.

The motherboard came with a 4 pin cable for RGB headers. I'm not sure if I have to use that somewhere to make the debug lights work?
Alternatively maybe I'm not supposed to turn off the computer like that and its stuck in startup. I'm not sure what is the best way to proceed now?

I changed SSD and RAM already :)

Solution
That CPU def does. I know I have mine plugged in, I've never tried to boot without the cable, but I'd be extremely surprised if any CPU, including that one didn't. I'm pretty sure mobos arent designed to power stuff that way.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
That CPU def does. I know I have mine plugged in, I've never tried to boot without the cable, but I'd be extremely surprised if any CPU, including that one didn't. I'm pretty sure mobos arent designed to power stuff that way.

Solution