[SOLVED] Asus Strix Soar sound card vs onboard phantom gaming 6

pcgamer_4123

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Hi all,

I've been using a dedicated sound card for a while now - the Asus Strix Soar, just for casual gaming and audio through headphones.

https://www.asus.com/au/Sound-Cards/STRIX-SOAR/specifications/

Recently I've wanted to take it out and just use onboard sound, as the card sags inside my pc case and drives me mad. My motherboard is an Asus Phantom Gaming 6 . Am I shooting myself in the foot here? I know absolutely nothing about sound - can anyone give me a vague idea? Thanks.

Solution
*ASRock Phantom, not Asus Phantom.

Since you own the discrete sound card, I'd ask you to try out the discrete card and then remove it from the system to try out what the onboard solution is like. What sort of audio equipment are you working with that's connected to the sound card?

The worst that will happen is that you did all of this for nothing but you didn't kill anything(or anyone) in the process. Just requires you to take a lot of time to uninstall and reinstall drivers, plug and unplug devices and connections.

Lutfij

Titan
*ASRock Phantom, not Asus Phantom.

Since you own the discrete sound card, I'd ask you to try out the discrete card and then remove it from the system to try out what the onboard solution is like. What sort of audio equipment are you working with that's connected to the sound card?

The worst that will happen is that you did all of this for nothing but you didn't kill anything(or anyone) in the process. Just requires you to take a lot of time to uninstall and reinstall drivers, plug and unplug devices and connections.

Solution