[SOLVED] Asus Strix Z390 E boot problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2021
I just updated the bios for Asus Strix Z390 E to the latest version v.1903 (Support Windows 11 by default, no settings changes required in the UEFI BIOS.) from their website. I have a problem with the boot. The white led (BOOT) stays on and the pc won't boot. I power off/on the pc and the problem disappears. I think is related to TPM thingie, because in older bios (1802) when i changed the TPM settings from discrete to firmware, happened the same, but only in this scenario. In 1903 bios the problem occurs no matter what settings i make to TPM. I reinserted the nvme, bios reset, swapped memory modules (4x8GB), nothing seems to resolve the issue. Should i downgrade the bios? Currently i'm on Windows 11, clean install on nvme. Thank you.

Solution
No need to reinstall.
Just do proper actions for disabling secure boot. UEFI boot has to remain enabled though.

For different motherboards the procedure may be different. You'll have to do some research.
Oct 2, 2021
The setting is greyed out, it's enabled. I think to disable it i need to delete all secure boot keys and then i need to reinstall the OS. I just changed the OS type from Windows UEFI to Other OS. I'm little bit lazy to reinstall the OS, but thanks a ton!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021
turn on XMP. in my case the update put it on auto and ram was running 2333mhz. 9900k requires 2666+ as soon as i put XMP1 the same issue you are having went away.

Oct 2, 2021
turn on XMP. in my case the update put it on auto and ram was running 2333mhz. 9900k requires 2666+ as soon as i put XMP1 the same issue you are having went away.
It's on (XMP II)! This issue its weird, sometimes i do manage to boot into windows without any error (boot led on) sometimes not.

Oct 25, 2021
when you do manage to boot, does it go into errors on mobo then tell you to press f1? how I came across this thread is that we have same mobo and issues, also same update 1903 also updating from same 1802 and also both on win11. I did a google search and found you here. now when I did the search I was able to boot after the mobo logged errors and went into safe mode. then telling me to press f1 to go into uefi and i would simply exit and not change anything and it would boot to windows. along the line I noticed that my xmp was on auto and figured my problem. have you reset everything? overclocks fan speed everything that could get in the way? I was able to revert to 1802 while diagnosing. revert was as simple as update just chose it and it will go back to 1802. but (in my case) xmp stayed the same and same issues booting into windows, while in the 1802 revert is when I noticed the xmp and made all my changes. Im pretty sure its a simple setting that has been changed when the bios update installed and once you find it it will boot fine. try everything at factory settings.

Oct 2, 2021
also try seeing what LED the mobo gets stuck on and look thru those settings in the bios and see what looks out of place
Yes i did a reset. The led that stays on is the white one, BOOT problem. I dont have any press F1 error. Right now, when i power on the pc, the boot up logo from ASUS doesnt show, in the same time the white LED stays on. After a few seconds, after boot up logo (but in my case doesnt show up) boots into windows. It's weird. What's more weird if i reset my pc after 1st power on boot, this time the asus logo appears and the white led (boot led) dissapears.

Status
Not open for further replies.