asus transformer t200 or transformer book flip i3?

dl1217

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
Planning on buying a new machine Friday but having a hard time deciding between the two.

1) Asus transformer t200ta
11.6" screen, z3795 bay trail with 4gb ram and a 64gb ssd.

2) Asus transformer flip book 15.6" R554LA-RH31T
i3-4030U processor with 4gb ram and a 500gb hdd

Currently I have a ancient Toshiba with a t4400 processor and 3gb ram so either will be a big upgrade.

I do prefer the ssd out of the box on the t200ta which would have to be upgraded in the flip on the other hand the flip offers the option to upgrade the 4gb ram to 8gb down the road.

Price wise the flip has a little bigger price tag, I run a small web hosting company so I'd be using the machine for surfing, editing html, email and light photoshop tasks, I never used anything under a 14" for the mentioned use so not sure if I'd be able to get used to the 11.6" without a external monitor.... I'm also a console gamer but being able to play games such as sims 4, euro truck simulator 2 and train simulator would be a plus.

Solution
Sounds like the flip might be the better pick for you, I've got the Transformer TF701T and love it, but basically just use it to take when going out of shop to site or light travel for web/email/et al.....Have been thinking about the flip, think you'd be happy w/ it, expand-ability is nice ;)

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Sounds like the flip might be the better pick for you, I've got the Transformer TF701T and love it, but basically just use it to take when going out of shop to site or light travel for web/email/et al.....Have been thinking about the flip, think you'd be happy w/ it, expand-ability is nice ;)

Solution