Question ASUS TUF B650 PLUS WIFI - No Display BUT it loads into PC with no problems - How is this possible?

thejiang

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2014
  • MOBO: ASUS TUF B650 PLUS WIFI
  • RAM: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2x16) DDR5-6000 CL30 (Seated in A2-B2 slots)
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
  • Bios recently updated to latest version 3024
I'm having a really strange issue:

• I boot up my system, but it doesn't display the POST scene or the ASUS TUF GAMING screen (in order to select DEL/F2 to go into BIOS)
  • It just automatically goes into my PC without displaying either screens
  • It just takes a few extra seconds to load into the main PC (I find this quite strange as it will be troublesome when I have to go into the BIOS in order to tinker)
  • It also gives me an option on random bootups to select windows 11 or windows 10 but it automatically chooses windows 11 within 3 seconds and then boots up the OS.
  • I can mash the DEL button even though it's a blank screen and it goes into the BIOS (but this seems like a strange bug no?)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I can mash the DEL button even though it's a blank screen and it goes into the BIOS (but this seems like a strange bug no?)

Bug, not really. My pc, z590, is the same, bios key window is quite short so i always hit del key early and keep pressing until it gets there. PC's boot pretty quick these days, can have a look at fast boot options and see if it gives you or your monitor a little more time to respond.