[SOLVED] ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ1A settings help

JediMa

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
Today I got the new monitor an ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ1A all pixels ok, g - sync perfect (as I booted to windows got the message bout G sync detected), just a mild ips glow on the bottom right and all pixels are fine. So at the moment I'm quite happy, now I'm struggling about settings, I've used the TFT central ones about ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ because I can't find any specifici for my 1A, so shoud I stick to them or there's something to change? And brightness set to 0 looks just wrong btw.
Thank you
I'm also using overdrive 60 by default, should I change it? and About overclock? It's supposed to go up to 170 but I didn't touch it and I left it set on 144

Solution
Brightness should be higher than 0. How you set it up is really up to you, there are no set defaults for everyone since room light and preference are different.

Overdrive is probably for the response time adjustments, if it looks fine to you at 60 leave it, but nothing wrong with playing around with the settings. Keep in mind changing some things will disable G sync.
Brightness should be higher than 0. How you set it up is really up to you, there are no set defaults for everyone since room light and preference are different.

Overdrive is probably for the response time adjustments, if it looks fine to you at 60 leave it, but nothing wrong with playing around with the settings. Keep in mind changing some things will disable G sync.

Reactions: HappyTrails
Solution

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Yes brightness wants to be above 0. Have seen recommend the 30. Mine much higher but its up to you. Color is a little off not much easily adjust. Freesync are good. Maybe I mistake but thought overdrive at 80. Have try OC and ELMB. For me in game not close to 144fps. Like the OSD and widgets. Heavy use for weeks now and please with performance.