Apr 30, 2024
Hello, I've recently picked up a new processor for my system. I tried installing it into my ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus mobo, and then turned it on - the mobo boot light sequence does not go past the yellow/orange DRAM light, and does not connect to a monitor, so I cannot go into BIOS. Then, when I switch back to my old processor, the system DOES go past the DRAM light and fully boots up - I can go into BIOS and I can even go into Windows.

New processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

Old Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

This is a brand new processor and is not used. I have tried shorting the BIOS reset pins on the MOBO and have set the BIOS to default settings and then saved & exited. Still encountering the problem when the new processor is seated.

What can I do to fix this, is it something in the BIOS settings I'm missing? Maybe I didn't short the BIOS reset pins correctly? It's baffling to me that it will boot with the old processor but not the other. DRAM I thought would point to a RAM problem, but I can boot just fine with the same RAM stick with the original processor. Any tips, help, insight, fixes are much appreciated.