[SOLVED] Asus Tuf X570 Plus vs Ryzen 3600 - Bios Support

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
Hello friends, I recently purchased an Asus Tuf X570 Plus, took it out of the box, installed it in the case, used a Gigabyte G750H power supply, 2xddr4 Mushkin 2666, with Ryzen 5 3600 ... however, don't beep, don't show the debug leds, no video .. the processor is new .. the new memories ... is the motherboard defective? Honestly, I should have bought an MSI with flashback bios in order to proceed with the latest version.

Is there anything I can do if I can't get LEDs, no video, no beep?

Thank you !

Solution
That board is ok. Nothing fundamentally "wrong" with it, but it has some shortcomings that would send me elsewhere if I was looking for an X570 board right now.

One of the two M.2 slots is located under the graphics card, and that could be a problem if you plan to run two M.2 drives, because it's going to add heat directly to the bottom of the graphics card and it's going to require removing the graphics card anytime you need access to that drive. Not that you are going to need access to that drive often, but it is still somewhat poor placement. They are not the only ones guilty of this though. The requirement for the chipset fans on the X570 boards chews up a lot of real estate that could otherwise be used for better configuration...
No, that motherboard supports that CPU out of the box. The problem is not the BIOS version.

It's more likely that you've done something wrong or failed to connect something.

Do you get ANYTHING? Fans, nothing?

Double check EVERYTHING here. In fact, TRIPLE check it all, one step at a time.

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
No, that motherboard supports that CPU out of the box. The problem is not the BIOS version.

It's more likely that you've done something wrong or failed to connect something.

Do you get ANYTHING? Fans, nothing?

Double check EVERYTHING here. In fact, TRIPLE check it all, one step at a time.

Hello, well ... I found it strange that when turning on the chipset cooler it is at full speed .. I reconnected the cables, the source cables, reconnected the memories, disconnected all the sata cables, removed it from the case, called without the memories to see if sounded, and still no signal .. anyway, I went to the Asus website, and noticed the following thing about the BIOS version "Ryzen 5 3600 (3.6GHz, 65W, L3: 32M, 6C, B0) ALL 0704GO" .. in this case, I wondered if that had anything to do ... well, at least the motherboard shouldn’t indicate something, incompatibility or something?

Thank you !

Yeah, that's some nonsensical crap on the part of ASUS. BIOS version 0704 doesn't even seem to EXIST as far as the list of BIOS versions on their website shows, and since the Ryzen 3600 was one of the first, and primary CPUs released from the Ryzen 3000 series family, all X570 motherboards that I'm aware of had support for all of the initial Ryzen 3000 models right out of the box from day one.

Where did you order your parts from and did ANY of them seem to have been opened previously or was everything completely shrink wrapped closed still?

That's a good question, because if you don't have a graphics card installed, you're not going to have any video output, however, you should STILL have a running system minus the video output. All motherboard lights and fans should still be functional, and you should hear hard drive activity from any drives. That's normally how it works. Also, I don't SEE any debug LEDs on that board for Qcodes, so if you didn't ADD a system speaker to be connected to the motherboard (Usually they don't come with them anymore. Sometimes they will come with a case, but it's becoming less common) then you are not going to get any beep codes either.

Mar 21, 2020
If there is no GPU, the system will not boot. The ASUS Tuf Gaming boards will not even attempt to boot if a GPU is not immediately detected.

The system needs to POST before we worry about whether or not it will boot. Booting is not in question here. Boot and POST are completely different things. It would certainly be helpful to know if there is a graphics card installed or not since there are no onboard graphics possible with this CPU model.

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
The system needs to POST before we worry about whether or not it will boot. Booting is not in question here. Boot and POST are completely different things. It would certainly be helpful to know if there is a graphics card installed or not since there are no onboard graphics possible with this CPU model.

Hello friends, anyway ... yes, I added a speaker, I used an RX 580, then a 9800GT, and a small GT210, I used an Ablecom Server, I also used my Gigabyte G750H ... but nothing ... without debug leds , which are next to the memory slots, just above the ATX slot ... I tested with the plugs 24 + 8 and 24 + 8 + 4 ... connected and nothing ... the same operation, no buzzer signal, no debugs .. no video .. I tested without memories to find out if the buzzer signal was emitted and nothing ... nothing ... the motherboard arrived intact, perfect, with no apparent signal. Anyway, as it is under warranty, I have already activated the resale.

* What caught my attention the most was that when turning on the card, the chipset fan started at full speed, something strange, because this was only to be active after the temperature reached a certain point? I believe I'm short.

I thank all colleagues for their tips and good will.

Big hug, John.

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
Yeah, that's some nonsensical crap on the part of ASUS. BIOS version 0704 doesn't even seem to EXIST as far as the list of BIOS versions on their website shows, and since the Ryzen 3600 was one of the first, and primary CPUs released from the Ryzen 3000 series family, all X570 motherboards that I'm aware of had support for all of the initial Ryzen 3000 models right out of the box from day one.

Where did you order your parts from and did ANY of them seem to have been opened previously or was everything completely shrink wrapped closed still?

Hello friend, a really sloppy engineering in this case of the BIOS versions. Amazing !!!! :(

It arrived intact, perfect.

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
Ohwwww, sorry ... I didn't describe it at the beginning of the question, yes, I use an RX 580 MSI ..

Thank you !!!

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
Anyway, I'm tired ... I'm going to buy a Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi ... at least this one has Bios Flash Back or something like that ... I'm a little afraid, because I lost the warranty on my Aorus x470 ... unusable after an update of bios, I resold the two chips (acquired new and recorded), updated to the compatible version, and even so I couldn't get past the debug .. I lost money on that, and time too. But in this situation, I want my functional system, I'll take my chances ... my Intel kit already has an owner, my wife ...

Well, any suggestions ?! Haha!

Thanks friends for help, if the friend "Darkbreeze" moderator wants, you can close the topic. :)

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
If you are not getting any beeps from the system speaker, and no LED Qcodes, without memory installed, then you either have a faulty board or you have bent pins on the CPU that are directly shorting something out.

Well, honestly it hadn't happened to me yet, I took it out of the box and with a problem ... I checked the CPU, it's ok .. by the way, it's a set that was functional on another system (psu, ram, vga etc) ... I was already sad with my Aorus X470, and now this more ... I chose the Asus TUF X570 for the great recommendations regarding VRM, its temperatures, phases, etc. ... although others have a more robust construction at a higher price ... I activated the guarantee ... I need another one ... anyway, is the Aorus X570 Pro wifi interesting? or am I at risk?

Thank you !

Hello, I have a basic dual channel 2x 2x Mushkin Essentials kit 8GB DDR4 2666 MES4U266KF8G ... this kit worked on the Aotus X470 ... until the problem with the BIOS.
:)

I don’t see your memory on the compatibility list from Asus.

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019

Hello, yes .. really, but is that a problem? among the approved modules, some are Mushkin ... I believe that the modules are functional, or that there are no problems with compatibility in this specific case, at least I didn't find any case reports with this specific line on am4, x470 or x570 motherboards .. with me were working well on the Aotus X470, however, I tested without the memories to find out the debug or even the buzzer warning me, and incredibly, nothing happened.

Well, I'm waiting for the resale position on the warranty, I intend to purchase another Aorus, in this case the X570 Pro Wifi ... will I be doing a good deal haha ..

I thank friends for all their help.

Big hug.

That means very little. The QVL lists on the motherboard manufacturer websites are intentionally limited to only a few samples of what is compatible in the grand scheme. It is meant only to give an IDEA of general compatibility. The compatibility lists, like the G.Skill memory configurator or the Corsair memory finder, are pretty much all inclusive for that manufacturers memory kits on any referenced board model. Unfortunately, in both cases, there is little to go by when it comes to Mushkin. They don't generally have many models validated on most QVL lists and they don't seem to have a compatibility list of their own to whether specific kits have been validated on specific motherboards like G.Skill and Corsair do.

Mushkin makes quality memory though, and they have pretty broad compatibility on many of their models, but I'm not entirely confident in their "essentials" line as those are basically the bottom of the barrel budget series from them. They are not going to be high quality kits like their Redline and Silverline products are. So that could go either way.

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
That means very little. The QVL lists on the motherboard manufacturer websites are intentionally limited to only a few samples of what is compatible in the grand scheme. It is meant only to give an IDEA of general compatibility. The compatibility lists, like the G.Skill memory configurator or the Corsair memory finder, are pretty much all inclusive for that manufacturers memory kits on any referenced board model. Unfortunately, in both cases, there is little to go by when it comes to Mushkin. They don't generally have many models validated on most QVL lists and they don't seem to have a compatibility list of their own to whether specific kits have been validated on specific motherboards like G.Skill and Corsair do.

Mushkin makes quality memory though, and they have pretty broad compatibility on many of their models, but I'm not entirely confident in their "essentials" line as those are basically the bottom of the barrel budget series from them. They are not going to be high quality kits like their Redline and Silverline products are. So that could go either way.

Yes, now I understand this question, the basic line can really be limited .. I will follow your advice, in due course I will acquire Corsair, Kingston, Adata modules ... or even approved modules, so that you are not taking any risks and being protected by a greater guarantee .

All of your explanation makes sense. Now, what do you think of the Aorus X570 Pro Wifi? Good choice ? or can I lose more money ...?

Thank you !

That board is ok. Nothing fundamentally "wrong" with it, but it has some shortcomings that would send me elsewhere if I was looking for an X570 board right now.

One of the two M.2 slots is located under the graphics card, and that could be a problem if you plan to run two M.2 drives, because it's going to add heat directly to the bottom of the graphics card and it's going to require removing the graphics card anytime you need access to that drive. Not that you are going to need access to that drive often, but it is still somewhat poor placement. They are not the only ones guilty of this though. The requirement for the chipset fans on the X570 boards chews up a lot of real estate that could otherwise be used for better configuration.

Personally if I was going to buy an X570 board in this price range, I'd probably just spend a bit more and go with the Crosshair VIII hero. In truth, practically the entire X570 and B450 lineup is limited to purchasing less desirable boards right now because the supply has been broken for going on three months and retailers are running out of availability on most of them. Supposedly the B550 boards are going to be released soon, and with some expectation of shipping from China opening up it's possible we could see those very soon. I think it was me, I'd wait, and see what those boards have to offer and see if prices go back to normal, because right now you're probably going to pay 30-50% more for most of these desirable models than you would have four or five months ago.

Solution

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019

One of the two M.2 slots is located under the graphics card, and that could be a problem if you plan to run two M.2 drives, because it's going to add heat directly to the bottom of the graphics card and it's going to require removing the graphics card anytime you need access to that drive. Not that you are going to need access to that drive often, but it is still somewhat poor placement. They are not the only ones guilty of this though. The requirement for the chipset fans on the X570 boards chews up a lot of real estate that could otherwise be used for better configuration.

Personally if I was going to buy an X570 board in this price range, I'd probably just spend a bit more and go with the Crosshair VIII hero. In truth, practically the entire X570 and B450 lineup is limited to purchasing less desirable boards right now because the supply has been broken for going on three months and retailers are running out of availability on most of them. Supposedly the B550 boards are going to be released soon, and with some expectation of shipping from China opening up it's possible we could see those very soon. I think it was me, I'd wait, and see what those boards have to offer and see if prices go back to normal, because right now you're probably going to pay 30-50% more for most of these desirable models than you would have four or five months ago.

Hello, thanks for the tip! It really makes sense, however, given the specifications reported, does the B550 have any limitations, but that is not a correct problem? I heard reports of problems with the Super IO (ITE) Aorus X570 .. I had a question, could the MSI X570 be the best option for using Super IO Novuton ?! I noticed that the market is in short supply, out of stock, high prices ... I believe I am buying at a very bad time haha ... Well, the indicated model is really excellent "Crosshair VIII hero", but I am finding high prices .. a good amount more, I think I'll really wait for another opportunity.

I will continue waiting for the resale guarantee and what they can offer me.

Big hug, John. Thanks for the guidance.