Asus U30Jc Notebook Has Core i3, Nvidia Optimus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I am not really a fan of Laptops because I don't have a need for one.. would rather have a smart phone or Slate but this seems pretty cool I guess, in terms of features.

I wonder what kind of pump they use to get the video to the TV. :bounce:

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
geez, this is both much better performing, and has a longer battery life than my eeepc 1000he, perhaps this will be my next upgrade

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
My GTX285 is from ASUS, YAY i have something from them! but as for their laptops, no thanks. Might make a exception with this one but not getting it. (i got one already)

HansVonOhain

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
I have Asus G51 laptop, 2 Asus motherboards, and an Asus sound card. I have yet to see a failure in my components. Asus has a great warranty coverage. That is what all good companies should do--protect and give satisfaction to the customer, not steal money off the crappy service like Dell or HP.

jezzarisky

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
[citation][nom]henrystrawn[/nom]Great specs, especially the battery life. My wife's Asus G72 only has about an hour and a half. Still rereading for a MSRP.[/citation]
$899

All I can say is I want one. Now where can I find $900?

discopig

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Too bad I just bought a UL80VT. It seems like this is it's heir. Not that I am upset with the UL80VT, it is an amazing "do-everything" laptop with an AMAZING battery life. This looks like another win for ASUS.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
That's all this machine gets? Tom's?
Compare this to the myriad of iPad articles/day and you'll realize why people call you biased.
How about a comparison review against one of the imacs. Yeah, fat chance for that to happen.

Awesome specs from an excellent manufacturer.

banthracis

Distinguished
[citation][nom]doc70[/nom]That's all this machine gets? Tom's?Compare this to the myriad of iPad articles/day and you'll realize why people call you biased.How about a comparison review against one of the imacs. Yeah, fat chance for that to happen.Awesome specs from an excellent manufacturer.[/citation]

Tom's like any other news website's primary goal in articles is the draw in readers. iPad articles draw in viewers, which = more money for the site. Unfortunately, articles on good products like this don't.

Think about it this way, is large numbers of American's watched CSPAN the general population would actually understand why congress is gridlocked and what the Health care bill actually says. However, good luck getting them to change channels from the mindlessness that is American Idol or Dancing with the Stars.

dedhorse

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
[citation][nom]Nintendork[/nom]Put an Ati and make the right decision.[/citation]

Really? Because if ATI has come out with its own technology that rivals Optimus, I'd like to hear about it.

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
My m11x plays Crysis pretty well. From looking at the review of this on notebookreview.com, the 'short' I got of it, slower GPU (310M vs 335M), faster CPU (i3 vs SU7300), battery life(8 hrs), but the main thing 3dmark06 (3706 versus 5447 for my m11x) -- probably plays Crysis but with choppiness.

G

m11x has a lower pcmark score FYI.. the processor on the m11x sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.