Asus Unveils New Improved Transformer Prime at CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLz

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
That's a pretty sweet upgrade on the screen. That resolution is going to push the Tegra 3 i'd imagine. I'm curious how Tegra 3 will handle gaming at that resolution. Even if it's only Angry Birds and FieldRunner, lol.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
That's the problem with these devices...
It seems everyone here is just talking about 'gaming' on them. So manufacturers hold back on higher resolution (which business people with big spreadsheets would like) becuase the game fps will suck and than give the tablet a bad rep.

Not everything needs to be used for gaming folks :)

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]svdb[/nom]That's what you get from always wanting newer stuff faster. Now you can't keep up the pace with how fast your new stuff becomes old stuff, and you complain about it. This test about the prime was very good: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5175 [...] e-followup@notsleep: come on, be serious, the ep121 is a PC...[/citation]

A PC from the mid 90s perhaps. I doubt it could even run a 1999 game such as Counterstrike... that would be epic if it would (and yes I know they would need an ARM version of Halflife). Perhaps Valve is listening.....

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Didn't really surprise me. So far it's rumored Apple is going to offer better screen resolution for the iPad3 so Asus is smart by making the change now to keep up with the competition.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Gaming on 10"... I'm sure it's an amazing experience but I'll stick to my 27", thanks... as for Asus, good for them, I may just get a tablet one day if it continues to improve.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Pricing starts at $600? Wow, Asus has completely forgotten what made their original tablet so popular.

If I'm in the market for a portable gaming device in the $600 price range I'll buy a f-ing laptop, not a tablet with awkward controls and a limited operating system. This "rehash" only adds insult to injury to their patient customers after they bombed with the launch of the Transformer prime.

msgun98

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
What's up with the pricing? Asus should know by now that their tablet's success was that it was actually a nice piece of kit that is CHEAPER than an iPad not more expensive.

msgun98

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
What's up with the pricing? Asus should know by now that their tablet's success was that it was actually a nice piece of kit that is CHEAPER than an iPad not more expensive.

joeman99

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
this is supposed to be a multimedia table movies run at 1080 so basically going to have black bars. Also lol tegra 3 is nice and all but this rez is going to kill game performance

people who already bought a transformer don't let this new version anger you you're better of with what you got

Status
Not open for further replies.