Asus VE248 + GTX 570 - Max resolution problem

Mazielol

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
Hello all, first thread here, hoping for some help!

Tonight I wanted to update the driver for my GTX 570.
This resulted in a problem.

Im using 2 monitors, and it wouldnt recognize my Asus VE248 most of the time. When it finally did, it only allowed a resolution og 800x600 and 1024x768.
The monitor is also listed as Generic Non-PnP Monitor.
And there is no issue what so ever with my Samsung SyncMaster T220.

It is connected via DVI, so i tried switching them around and only having the Asus plugged in, but no change what so ever.

I was advised to uninstall the Geforce Experience, which I tried, and did a fresh installation without Geforce Experience, but neither helped.

After that, I tried uninstalling the driver and letting windows just install the driver, which resulted in a driver from 2013, which allowed me to use HD resolution in Windows. However when I open any game, it goes back to 1024x768 and it cant be changed in any game.

Ive tried to force it into HD resolution with the Nvidia settings, but this results in a very weird looking picture, which is very blurry.

I've looked around a bit, including on this forum, but the best "suggestions" have been pulling the power to both monitors while the PC is turned on, and then plugging the Asus in first. And other types of re-plugging the monitors, but nothing seems to work.

I also read of som kind of edid override, but I have no knowledge of what this is or how to do it, and cant find an instruction anywhere.
I have tried a variety of newer and older drivers, but anything new enough to be downloadable from Nvidia seems to have the issue, and the only one older, which windows installs, has the problems as mentioned above.

Thanks in advance to anyone able to help, I will be forever grateful.

Mazielol

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
Just tried the newest driver again, without the Geforce Experience. Now I simply cannot get it to register my Asus monitor, not even if thats the only one plugged in.