ASUS Vega 64 Under-Performing

Feb 5, 2019
I recently purchased a ASUS AREZ Vega 64 from Newegg. The first card I received had a variety of issues died within the first two weeks of use so I returned it for replacement and have just installed the new card. However, on the exact same Wattman settings, the new card performs significantly worse. I've tested a variety of games at 2560x1440 max settings including:

Witcher 3: 70-75 fps before, currently 60-65 fps
Final Fantasy XV: ~50 fps before, currently ~40 fps

The other components of my system are:
Ryzen 5 1600
2x8 Corsair Vengence DDR4
Gigabyte Gaming 3
EVGA 850W Power Supply
256GB SSD

I've run a couple of benchmarks and the Vega always seems to perform in the 11th percentile on UserBenchmark. I've done some testing and determined for sure that its not a CPU bottleneck. Do individual cards of the same brand and model usually have this much inconsistency or is there potentially something wrong with my system/card?

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
The only reason for that much difference would be if perhaps the GPU is either overheating enough not to boost, or isn't boosting at all. Have you checked GPU clocks during the run?

Feb 5, 2019

I've been using GPU-Z to log the clocks and temperature, the temperature maxes out at 78C and the clock maxes at 1365 MHz. Fan speed doesn't seem to go further than 55% at any point.

Edit: In some titles I was able to achieve a max clock speed up to 1400 MHz. As far as I know, the advertised clock speed is 1590 MHz, which I have not been able to achieve.