Asus VG245 Overclocking

Jun 30, 2018
Hey, I was whondering if it was beneficial to over lock my asus VG245 monitor and if so what refresh rate should I overclock it to. Also by doing this would their be a possibility of damaging my monitor.

Solution
If you look up your monitor's spec either online or in the manual, did it say that the refresh rate can be overclock?
From what I see so far, this monitor has a fixed refresh rate of 75 Hz (double check though bc I could be wrong). Usually monitors that can be overclocked will be advertised with that function to catch more sells.

And no, overclocking a monitor will not damage it as long as it is capable of doing so. I currently have a dell alienware monitor with original 100 Hz refresh rate and 120 Hz overclocked. It's been overclock over over a year and still running perfectly.

thtran6

Upstanding
Oct 2, 2018
If you look up your monitor's spec either online or in the manual, did it say that the refresh rate can be overclock?
From what I see so far, this monitor has a fixed refresh rate of 75 Hz (double check though bc I could be wrong). Usually monitors that can be overclocked will be advertised with that function to catch more sells.

And no, overclocking a monitor will not damage it as long as it is capable of doing so. I currently have a dell alienware monitor with original 100 Hz refresh rate and 120 Hz overclocked. It's been overclock over over a year and still running perfectly.

Solution
Yeah, even standard monitors can OC. Try it small steps and test. My 60hz BenQ runs perfectly at 75hz. It may decrease the overall lifespan of the monitor, but by then you will probably have a bigger better one anyway.

You can set the OC through the control panel (Nvidia/AMD) by setting custom res/refresh.

You can test it with this: https://www.testufo.com/

You will need to take a picture on slow shutter speed of the screen displaying the linked website, and follow the instructions.