Asus vs Gigabyte choice...

poup23

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Hi,

I'm currently building a new system, my last hesitation is about the MB. My two last choices are the Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 and the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4-B3.

Should I go for the Asus to get the PCIe 3.0 slot (later change my GPU and CPU to better optimise the PCIe 3.0 capacity)? I plan on overclocking, which one would be the best?

Here is the rest of my setup, for gaming on High quality, 1920x1200;

CPU Intel Core i5 2500K
SSD OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
GPU Gigabyte Radeon HD 6970
16GB DDR3-1600 4x4GB Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 Vengeance
PSU Corsair AX-850
Case Corsair Graphite 600TM

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

G

Honestly, I believe they're all decent with a few unlucky problems. Most people that leave terrible reviews on motherboards are complete idiots and give up the second something goes wrong or half wrong for that matter. I personally like Gigabyte for all of the bells and whistles, but Asus is very prestigious and I have a couple friends that have an Asus board. They think it works great. I think that AsRock board was very nice for the price, but I've never had experience with them.

Honestly it's all up to you. A good idea would be to check reviews on each board (not on the the companies websites for biased feedback but on a site like this one.)

Something like this- http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asrock-z68-extreme4-asus-p8z68-v-pro-gigabyte-z68x-ud3h-b3,2939.html