[SOLVED] Asus X441UR Weird Problem

ScyberMhaster

Distinguished
May 22, 2015
Good day!

Yesterday, I got this laptop from my friend only to reformat the system with an updated Windows 10. However, the first time I plugged it, no battery charging indicator. So I pressed the power button, nothing happened. No life, whatsoever. The fan is not spinning also, no response. So I try to open the laptop, detached the keyboard flex cable, and the battery indicator lit up while plugged in. Then, I reinsert the keyboard flex and suddenly without pressing the power button (on the keyboard), the laptop turns on. And after showing the POST Logo, it turned off again, and back to its state, no signs of life, no indicators whatsoever. Then I try to remove and reinsert the keyboard flex cable, and when it turns on again, I removed it, and yes, it boots in Windows 10 without problems, just no keyboard.

I think that the keyboard is grounded? But no history of water spill. The laptop has been on its bag since the hard drive failed on SMART diagnostics, which I remember the laptop is working properly as it should.

Solution
Never remove or insert any connectors (connectors inside laptop covers) when you have main battery connected or power cable. Remove the keyboard and try run it with usb external keyboard, if all works fine and connector looks okay and no liquid damage anywhere then get new keyboard.
Never remove or insert any connectors (connectors inside laptop covers) when you have main battery connected or power cable. Remove the keyboard and try run it with usb external keyboard, if all works fine and connector looks okay and no liquid damage anywhere then get new keyboard.

Solution