[SOLVED] ASUS X570-E TPM Module not working

Jul 8, 2021
I know mine CPU AMD 5900X supports firmware TPM. But mine question is not about firmware TPM and instead discrete TPM that I installed on the mainboard. But still it don't get detected in BIOS.
I have set the settings in BIOS as all guides I read on the net. But still in win 10, it says no TPM is present.
Anyone got a clue what to do to get the discrete TPM module which is a ASUS TPM-SPI 14-1 pin I installed on the mainboard.
The settings in BIOS have always set to Discrete TPM since I got it. I never activate TPM before until now, after I bought the TPM module.

Jul 8, 2021
I think there are 2 Asus TPM modules so are you sure you got the right one?

You might be best asking on the Asus website about it, as someone there should know for sure.
Yes im sure i got the right one. Mine mainboard need ASUS TPM-SPI 14-1 pin. ASUS have another ASUS TPM-M R2.0, 14-1pin and rest is 20 pins. Others ASUS TPM modules 14-1 pin one dont have correct pins to insert it either.

Jul 8, 2021
I finally got it detected in maninboard. Don't know which one did the trick, but i did removed the TPM and insert it back. Same time i cleared CMOS by removing the battery. BIOS detected the TPM module now and I got the Trusted Computing showing up which was missing before.
But still I cant get win 10 regoniced it. In device manangment. It shows 2 Trusted Platform Module 2.0. But none of them are working. 1 says it cant start and other one says not right configured.
So what to do now from here?

Jul 8, 2021
Maybe you should follow this thread as someone else tried same thing on same board - https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?124816-ASUS-X570-E-TPM-module-not-recognized

unless that is you.
Yes that post is mine too.
But I got TPM up and running. After deactivate one of the TPM platform found in device managment and reactive it. It worked. The other one I uninstalled it and restarted the computer. Now I only got 1 Trusted Platform Module 2.0 left.
Win 10 regonized the TPM module now. :D

Reactions: Colif