Question Asus Xonar AE poor audio when using with onboard Realtek sound

Mar 11, 2019
Recently bought an Asus Xonar AE and succesfully configured it using the "App volume and device preferences" page in Windows 10 (pro). I am able to route the sound correctly from individual apps to the desired outputs, however, regardless of which device I output my music to, the audio is of poor quality... It is very tinny sounding, and the vocal portion is nearly inaudible. It almost sounds as if it is in surround mode - like it is routing the audio to the center channel. I have selected "Stereo" (not 4.0, 5.1, nor 7.1) in the Xonar software, and the Windows Speaker setup is also set to Stereo, not surround. Any ideas?

Mar 11, 2019
Thanks. I was able to resolve the issue by contacting Asus technical support. They sent me a different software / driver package that fixed the problem.

Mar 27, 2019
Thanks. I was able to resolve the issue by contacting Asus technical support. They sent me a different software / driver package that fixed the problem.

Hi Dewey59

Can you please upload driver here or somewhere ?

I have same problem , i contact Asus support ( Romania ) and answer was useless . Support said they can only provide me and recomend only the driver available on the suport area .

Have a Nice day