Question Asus z170-a trouble shooting

Josh Defreitas

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Hey guys, just recently cleaned my computer no I'm having some issues. It boots and I get the Asus logo then it restarts. The red light indicators inside flash. The cpu led flashes quickly. Then the dram led flashes and holds for about 2 seconds then the VGA led flashes. If I let it constantly run its course it sometimes will boot into windows. Any help is appreciated.

Edit*- also if I did fry somthing would it work sometimes or just not work at all? Just can't understand why it will.eventually boot into windows after 100 restarts and beep indicators

Last edited:

Josh Defreitas

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Something loose? If you cleaned it something probably isn't making the connection it should. Removed all cables one by one and make sure they are put back tight. Might want to do the same for the ram.

I'll try that when I get home. Any chance something is fryed or damaged? Right now it's currently running but if I shut it down and restart it it will do it again which I dont understand

Josh Defreitas

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
So I took it all apart and put it back together. Same issue. It's does the led error code as mentioned orginally and will restart about 6 times before booting into windows and working normally. I'm baffled on what to do