[SOLVED] Asus Z170-P D3 compatibilty

verdugo

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Hi there. Right now I'm running the above mentioned board with an i5 6600 cpu. This mb uses DDR3 memory. Since this system is about six or seven yrs old its started to slow down and also to exhibit some glitches. I'm planning to reinstall Windows 10 sometime next yr and thought of upgrading the cpu while at it. A little more speed won't hurt, right? For those of you familiar with this board, am i gonna have any issues with an i7 7600K? I also thought about the 7700k but there is a big jump in price. I'm asking cause i noticed in the specs DDRL instead of DDR3. Do I need to do anything besides upgrading the drivers if I install a 7600k?

Solution
Hi there. Right now I'm running the above mentioned board with an i5 6600 cpu. This mb uses DDR3 memory. Since this system is about six or seven yrs old its started to slow down and also to exhibit some glitches. I'm planning to reinstall Windows 10 sometime next yr and thought of upgrading the cpu while at it. A little more speed won't hurt, right? For those of you familiar with this board, am i gonna have any issues with an i7 7600K? I also thought about the 7700k but there is a big jump in price. I'm asking cause i noticed in the specs DDRL instead of DDR3. Do I need to do anything besides upgrading the drivers if I install a 7600k?
I believe that it is an i5-7600K (not i7) (4 core no HT @3.8GHz) and you only need BIOS...

RealBeast

Titan
I believe that it is an i5-7600K (not i7) (4 core no HT @3.8GHz) and you only need BIOS 2201.

The same memory QVL covers all of the CPUs so you should not have any issues.

It should be a very straightforward update.

Reactions: verdugo
Solution