Asus Z170 Pro Gaming BIOS Flash Failure! need help!!

mohsentux

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Hi. i just updated my motherboard's bios with afudos(aptio v) with /P /B /N /K arguments and now it gives me black screen.it doesn't do anything but holding the power button does shut it down so there still may be some hope.
the bios version i used was BIOS 0603 (the very first) because mine wasn't working correctly. couldn't get bootable usbs to work, couldn't go to efi shell even when i deleted pk and couldn't disable secure boot even when it was saying it was disabled.
i had no choice but to flash my bios with the first one hoping it would fix it. but asus's ez utility wouldn't accept bios files so i used afudos for aptio 5 (which is my version) but now it won't boot and gives me black screen even with everything detached and with integrated gpu.

PS: already tried changing the name of latest bios ver to AMIBOOT.ROM and put it in a usb fat32 and even held down home button but no luck so far.:(

Solution
Can you get into your Bios mohsentux.? If so,

The best way to update the Bios is with EZflash 3 utility and not with a Windows based utility.
On your empty USB stick, download the latest Bios 2003 from ASUS support. By installing the old 0603 it probably does not support some USB devices nor some CPUs.
Go into Bios>Advanced mode>Tools.
Insert the USB stick then Tab to drive field, Tab again to the Folder info field and select the Bios file. It should be Z17PG.CAP
Complete the process and reboot.

Ibian Pahiva

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Hey, sorry but why the hell would go for the first bios "0603" since you have 14 different bios for your motherboard, the most up to date one being "2003"version, also wouldn't use afudos and just use the bios itself for that.

But since it's already done, you probably went so far back on bios version that its having memory\cpu support issues.
Either that or you managed to screw your bios chip with the afudos, have you tried just removing the CMOS battery for a minute so it resets?

Can you get into your Bios mohsentux.? If so,

The best way to update the Bios is with EZflash 3 utility and not with a Windows based utility.
On your empty USB stick, download the latest Bios 2003 from ASUS support. By installing the old 0603 it probably does not support some USB devices nor some CPUs.
Go into Bios>Advanced mode>Tools.
Insert the USB stick then Tab to drive field, Tab again to the Folder info field and select the Bios file. It should be Z17PG.CAP
Complete the process and reboot.

Solution