Asus z270 motherboard help!

May 28, 2018
My motherboard wont turn on, I tested my psu with the psu testing tool it came with. It works, however when I plug the 24 pin and 4+4Pin into the motherboard nothing happens. On the bottom right of the motherboard there seems to be a small led, it turns green and then seems to die. I revisited pc part picker, and my power and motherboard are compatible. I looked on the MOBO manual and I couldn't find what that LED was for, although im pretty sure the green light is always on when the pse is on. I tried plugging everything in, just the psu, took graphics card out, took ram out, but nothing seems to be working.

Thanks!

Solution
First: What PC parts are you using?

Next, for redundancy (just in case, you never know):

Double check the PSU connections.

The motherboard needs at least one stick of compatible RAM and the CPU in order to boot, so you'll want those in there (as well as the CPU cooler with a quality thermal paste used). Make sure the CPU cooler fan is plugged into the CPU_FAN header, or it won't boot either. CPU_OPT is for a pump if you're using water cooling, so it's optional and is not necessary to boot.

Also, never use the anti-static bag to test boot, as it's only anti-static on the inside - it's actually designed to conduct static around the outside like a Faraday cage (oversimplified way to say it). Use the box or some newspaper.

If it still...

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018
First: What PC parts are you using?

Next, for redundancy (just in case, you never know):

Double check the PSU connections.

The motherboard needs at least one stick of compatible RAM and the CPU in order to boot, so you'll want those in there (as well as the CPU cooler with a quality thermal paste used). Make sure the CPU cooler fan is plugged into the CPU_FAN header, or it won't boot either. CPU_OPT is for a pump if you're using water cooling, so it's optional and is not necessary to boot.

Also, never use the anti-static bag to test boot, as it's only anti-static on the inside - it's actually designed to conduct static around the outside like a Faraday cage (oversimplified way to say it). Use the box or some newspaper.

If it still doesn't boot, then try another RAM slot. If all slots don't work, try another RAM stick, in each slot. Rinse and repeat.

If the PSU is doing anything funny or not normal, stop immediately and get it tested.

Solution