[SOLVED] Asus z390-a wake no keyboard and mouse

Jan 9, 2021
Hello,

as the title mentions, I have a problem with my mouse and keyboard. When they are plugged into the back of my computer and it wakes up, my mouse and keyboard don't work anymore. However, when they are plugged into the front of my case, they work. I updated my bios, I unchecked the box in the device manager on all my hubs, I tried multiple configuration in the bios and nothing works. Honestly I'm running out of solutions. My computer skills are high, but I can't solve this problem.

Thank you for your help

Pc specs

Solution
At first have you tried resetting your bios? Cmos or just selecting default settings in home screen of bios?

You could try uninstalling root hub controller in device manager an then reboot. Windows will install them again. If that doesn't work, try the same with keyboard and hid mouse in device manager.

Do other things work at the back side like flash drives? Do the mouse/keyboard even light up or do they stay dark?

skrippi

Prominent
Jul 2, 2020
At first have you tried resetting your bios? Cmos or just selecting default settings in home screen of bios?

You could try uninstalling root hub controller in device manager an then reboot. Windows will install them again. If that doesn't work, try the same with keyboard and hid mouse in device manager.

Do other things work at the back side like flash drives? Do the mouse/keyboard even light up or do they stay dark?

Solution