ASUS Z97-A Motherboard red vga led

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalkuhn

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
When ever I turn my computer off I get a red led next to my graphics card. followed by no signal to my monitor. So I have to move the card around a few times before it actually works again. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Royalkuhn

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015

I have tried it in a second PCIe slot and also tried it with a different graphics card the result is always the same a red vga led until I move it around for awhile then it starts up.

IaMaBooZeR

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
I just do that same thing the original poster does. The LED doesn't come on then. it seems random. sometime i boot up with no problem, other times no video output and a red LED by the PCI E slot(i know the boot up was successful, because i get the sounds of windows launching.). I change the 980 to the other PCIe slot and then it boots up OK. Then I move the card back to the 1st PCI e slot and it works with no LED. sometimes it boots.. but other times the problem reoccurs.

no. i haven't tried using integrated graphics.

Waynus

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
Im getting the exact same problem, the tower will all boot up but no externals get supplied power and the red VGA light comes on... Then i can press reset and it will work, its happening completely random... Thinking of sending the board back.

Status
Not open for further replies.