Question Asus Z97-P

Apr 23, 2020
Hi,
I would appreciate some advice and suggestions on my wife's Asus Z97-P Motherboard.

Microsoft in its infinite wisdom has been doing its utmost best to force people to update to the 1903 version of Windows 10, And it finally managed to attempt to install itself and of course this meant that the computer went into a constant blue screen / reboot loop. Despite various attempts to get into safe mode (so i could roll back Microsofts latest atrocity) this also failed and eventually all her PC would do is sit there on a black screen with Press F2 to get into UEFI Bios (or something similar!)

No amount of jabbing any keys would get me into the BIOS from this screen so I followed the instructions in the manual to reset the CMOS. I followed the instructions and moved the jumper and replaced it afterwards. Rebooted and it was still stuck on the Press F2 screen to get into UEFI Bios screen and still no matter which keys I pressed nothing happened.

Next on the list of things to try was to remove the CMOS battery and move the jumper again.
I did this and plugged the computer back in,

Now I get no display whatsoever, The computer lights up and all the fans start but nothing at all on my display - I tried both the graphics card that built in to the motherboard using HDMI and then the dedicated graphics card that I have bought for the PC. I tried it with and without the dedicated graphics card installed)
I have checked the monitor on my own PC and it works fine.

Any ideas what to try next or is the motherboard totally knackered?
Thankyou
Chris

Disconnect the hard drive (power and data cable)

be sure the battery has the PLUS symbol visible and is inserted tightly
also be sure the reset jumper is in the default place

which bluesreen was it?

Which CPU are you using? All power cables still in place? PCIe, ATX and ATX 12V

try booting with a USB drive created by Microsoft´s media creation tool

Which CPU are you using?

The keyboard is connected to USB 2 port?

Apr 23, 2020
Disconnect the hard drive (power and data cable)

be sure the battery has the PLUS symbol visible and is inserted tightly
also be sure the reset jumper is in the default place

which bluesreen was it?

Which CPU are you using? All power cables still in place? PCIe, ATX and ATX 12V

try booting with a USB drive created by Microsoft´s media creation tool

Which CPU are you using?

The keyboard is connected to USB 2 port?

I can't remember the CPU now as was built 4 years ago. It is a core i5 model though

Both battery and orientation are correct.

The blue screen that kept rebooting the PC in the first place was one of about six different ones but they only appeared after Windows attempted the 1903 update.

All power cables are in place. When I switch on the fans and lights all come on as expected but whereas before I removed the CMOS battery I was getting something on the display now I am getting nothing.

I tried a USB stick with a copy of Windows from the media creation tool but nothing at all seems to happen on my wife's PC.

The only thing I haven't done is unplug the hard drive . But as nothing is now coming up on screen would that even make a difference?

Chris