Review Asus ZenBook 13 (AMD) Review: Ryzen Slays the Tiger

Apr 21, 2021
I'm glad to finally read a 5x00u laptop review, since they are on sale at least in Canada for almost 3 weeks now, and the performance you state is everything I hoped it to be. Well worth the wait. But the temperatures stated in this article seem quite far off. At these temperatures the battery will have to be several kilograms in order to run for 13 hours, and also ASUS will be sued over skin-burns if surface temps reach 94.6 degrees C. I think it should read 94.6 Fahrenheit, which translates to about 35 degrees C, which seems more reasonable for an efficient 7nm processor.

Reactions: Rdslw
I'm glad to finally read a 5x00u laptop review, since they are on sale at least in Canada for almost 3 weeks now, and the performance you state is everything I hoped it to be. Well worth the wait. But the temperatures stated in this article seem quite far off. At these temperatures the battery will have to be several kilograms in order to run for 13 hours, and also ASUS will be sued over skin-burns if surface temps reach 94.6 degrees C. I think it should read 94.6 Fahrenheit, which translates to about 35 degrees C, which seems more reasonable for an efficient 7nm processor.
Sorry, there was an error in conversion. The former C temperatures were actually F, as you correctly assumed. We've updated the text with the correct temps. 🆒

Now make it a 2-in-1
They are usually not worth it, if you need detachable keyboard, not foldable or anything like that -> apple ipads.
windows works better in big & mean, and dont mention linux on those, drivers suck hard.

How is the battery life compared luciene vs cezanne ? I am using this BUT 14' and 5500u which is already solid 5h of battery life while working.

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
How exactly did the reviewer manage to write this:

"While our Ryzen 7 5800U ZenBook 13 configuration with 16GB of RAM and 1TB M.2 SSD didn’t quite beat Apple’s new M1 chip "

I only see two performance tests, Geekbench and Handbrake.

This Zenbook beats the Apple laptop in one test and loses the other.

How exactly does this make the Apple laptop the winner, especially as very few people are going to spend a great deal of time running Handbrake.!

Also, the Apple laptop is not true competition to the Zenbook as a great many people use the software they the know, and are not willing to learn to use an Apple machine and all of the different software that comes with it.

The reality is that this Zenbook (as configured) demolished the Intel laptop competition that Toms Hardware compared it to.

Many people have been waiting a long time for AMD to put up some seriously strong competition to Intel in the laptop realm, they have succeded, for now at least.