Question Asus ZenBook 13 creaking sounds?

Nov 8, 2021
Hello, my cousin recently bought a new Asus ZenBook 13 laptop, i was the one to set it up and it was alright for around a month. Lately, she has been telling me that the laptop itself makes some weird creaking sounds. I find it really unusual since i used it and moved it around for about a week and i never noticed anything like that. I have to mention that the laptop was never opened or handled in a way it should not have.The store asked us to send a video and after seeing it they told us to send it .

To sum it up i want to know if it is a common Asus/zenbook problem, if there is some sort of fix and if it is actually worth going through all the hassle of sending it back and waiting mostly because it is her work laptop and she can't really give it away for a big period of time. Should she just return it and opt for some other laptop?

I cant find a way to upload the videos so i will just link the same problem on another site that allowed me to upload them.

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1387071-asus-zenbook-13-creaking-sounds

Thank you.

Nov 8, 2021
EDIT:

I have managed to take it to someone that was authorized to have a look inside in order for the guarantee to not be voided, apparently there was some sort of plastic wrapping around the edges of the inner chassis and it melted around the clips that hold the shell on the laptop, i am guessing the owner never felt the smell of heated plastic or thought it was normal. Once it was cleaned out it stopped the creaking sound.

Reactions: rgd1101