Asus Zenbook Infinity Will Have Gorilla Glass 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Currently have a Asus zenbook prime ux32vd. While it's a great laptop and 13.3" screen size is a little too small for my tastes. Hope they make the infinity at least 14" preferably 15.6" at 1440p

Stevemeister

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
If there are dolts around who are trying to carve their names into laptop screens then they deserve to remain scratched - I've had laptops since 1995 and have yet to scratch the screen.

grumpigeek

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Another flashy styling exercise. No doubt it will cost an arm and a leg.
Why can't ASUS and others just make a plain, well specced ultrabook that is affordable?

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
What a sham. my brand new galaxy s4 also has this so called amazing technology and it already developed scratches. I work in a scientific laboratory and I've kept the phone in the otterbox commuter case so its not even like I get exposed to dirty environments. If only I can buy a phone with sapphire screen like those you find on an expensive watch. would be a dream come true for me. I don't even mind paying more for it.

SpacemanSpiff42

Honorable
May 25, 2013

I'm with you there, I prefer to take good care of my expensive purchases. However, I work in a computer shop and I can tell you that's not quite the norm. I see people bring in laptops all the time covered in dirt, dust, food, coffee, soda, fly crap. I'll sometimes have to clean one before I even start working on it because I don't want to touch it, and I'm hardly a germophobe. I usually replace a couple broken screens a week. Some people can be quite hard on their stuff. And gross.

game junky

Distinguished
I have had the fortune of not breaking or scratching the screen on any of my phones, tablets or laptops but I baby my devices. Still not sure how much thinner they can get screens but then again there is nothing in this world more powerful than nerds and mountain dew.

Now they just need to work on a quick charging battery with increased capacity that is both stable and affordable for next gen phones, laptops and tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.