Question ASUS ZenBook screen brightness issue: way too dark and yellowish at lowest setting ?

Dec 29, 2023
Hi everyone,

I just bought an Asus ZenBook Q420 laptop today and I'm having a problem with the screen brightness. The brightness control works fine for most of the levels, but when I set it to the lowest possible setting (0%), the screen becomes very dark and yellowish. It’s almost like a night mode or something. But when I increase the brightness by one notch (5%), the screen goes back to normal color and brightness. It’s like there is a huge gap between 0% and 5% brightness. From 5% to 100%, the brightness changes smoothly and linearly, as expected.

I tried reinstalling Windows, updating drivers, disabling adaptive brightness, and changing color profiles, but nothing worked. I also checked the Asus OLED Care settings, but they don't seem to affect this issue. Is this normal for OLED displays, or is there something wrong with my laptop? Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

I have linked a video to show you what I mean. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Video

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I tried reinstalling Windows, updating drivers, disabling adaptive brightness, and changing color profiles, but nothing worked.
You could check and see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates.

You mentioned reinstalling the OS, where did you source the installer from? Did you reinstall said OS in an offline mode? Did you manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command?

Reactions: evonx

TRENDING THREADS