Asus zenbook. Trying to make a partition.

Aperature

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
I try to shrink my C: and it says I am able to shrink up to 40GB (i have a 128GB SSD) but when i try to do it, it doesn't let me. Im only able to shrink about 4 GB, which is definitely not enough to run a linux OS, which is my goal.

Aperature

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
There are 5 partitions. A EFI system partition(300MB) 2 recovery partitions(900MB, 20 GB), and an OEM partition(4 GB) and the Primary Partition. Im just using the Disk Management that comes with Windows 8. I right click the Primary select "Shrink disc" and a window comes up that says roughly "enter an amount in MB that you want to make unassigned, but it can't be bigger than xxxxxxxx" i changes each time i try to do it, but it's somewhere in the range of 25-40GB. I only want about 20GB unassigned, so i put in 20000MB and click ok, it then thinks for a second, then sends a warning "cannot unallocate that much space." I've already defragged it using Auslogistics, and it didn't work. When defragging, files are suppposed to go to the "front" of the HD right? well it didn't. the little boxes were still (basically) all over the place, including toward the "back."