Question Asus Zephyrus G15 versus Strix G15 Advantage ?

G4M30V3R

Commendable
Sep 23, 2020
So comparing the Zephyrus G15's rtx3070 model (priced around $1800) to the rx6800m Strix G15 (priced around $1800 for the 16gb/512gb ram/SSD and $2200 for 32gb/1TB ram/SSD), the prices are pretty close.

How come? Normally a strix is much more expensive because of the extra and more customisable RGB and more customisation options for ram and SSD as well as better thermals.

Does the AMD gpu really make that much of a difference? Or is it also because the strix g15 Advantage has a 1080p screen (Zephyrus has a QHD screen) and weaker speakers and no fingerprint scanner and slightly less good I/O ports?

I have no idea on this matter at all. Educate me please. Also, which would you buy if you had the money to afford either one?

G4M30V3R

Commendable
Sep 23, 2020
This reddit does sum up what you're trading when buying into either one of their series'. What sort of features are you looking for in your laptop purchase and what sort of tasks do you want to tax the laptop after purchase?
That was the secondary point of the topic. The primary one was to get info because the pricing on strix felt too good to be true.

But, what I am looking for is a main gaming machine (was going for a desktop initially but I will be moving a lot in the next few years thus a laptop is better) with at least 16gb ram and 1tb SSD, both upgradeable. A Ryzen CPU of at least 5900hs quality (can go lower for the sake of better gpu performance if necessary). A gpu of at least 100w 3070 performance. Screen of 165hz (don't know if QHD is recommended or if FHD is more than enough). Necessary I/O ports for a gamer in 2021. Above decent thermals obviously. And at least keyboard RGB (it's ok if it's single zone).

Pricing should not be above $2300. Heck, even $2200 is kinda cutting it. I determined that only 3 laptops fitted what I was looking for the closest; Razer Blade 14, Zephyrus G15 and Strix G15 Advantage.

Strix G15 Advantage looks to be the all AMD version of Scar 15 model which has a 5900hx and a Rtx3070 but the price variation is wild between these two, hence the topic