[SOLVED] ASUS Zephyrus M Artifacting

Nov 9, 2018
Good day all,
I recently purchased this Zephyrus M laptop back in October but have been experiencing what I believe to be artifacting while gaming, particularly in overwatch.

The background will flicker and show black squares yet my temps are sitting around 70-72 degrees C

Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
RAM 16 GB DDR4 2666
Memory Speed 2666 MHz
GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB

I apologize for the poor quality but this is what I’m seeing. Is it worth RMA’ing or can I fix this myself?

http://

Thank you so much!!

Solution
i think this is definitly an RMA.
There is no much to do and if its already artifacting.... well... its already damaged.

Take in mind that Laptops tend to run very very hot due to its little space and poor refrigeration systems compared to a PC. Please keep in mind that when you are going to play demanding games such as Overwatch Play on a cool ambience and with a cooling base OR keep the game as low as possible to avoid over heating and damaging components.

Anyways... My recommendation is to RMA the laptop right away since this dosent seem good at all and you CANT open the laptop since it will void the warranty. So the best choise here is RMA.

Ramlethal

Estimable
i think this is definitly an RMA.
There is no much to do and if its already artifacting.... well... its already damaged.

Take in mind that Laptops tend to run very very hot due to its little space and poor refrigeration systems compared to a PC. Please keep in mind that when you are going to play demanding games such as Overwatch Play on a cool ambience and with a cooling base OR keep the game as low as possible to avoid over heating and damaging components.

Anyways... My recommendation is to RMA the laptop right away since this dosent seem good at all and you CANT open the laptop since it will void the warranty. So the best choise here is RMA.

Solution