[SOLVED] Asussetup.exe vs Setup.exe

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Energy-Ray

Prominent
Oct 17, 2019
I have the Asus rog strix b350f gaming and i want to update my motherboard's drivers,so when i download and extract the chipset driver there are 2 .exe files,the one called 'asussetup.exe' and the other one 'setup.exe'!So the question is which one should i run?will it be any difference at all?

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Ok,it doesnt matter that i already installed 19.10.0429 from the first time directly from amd right?i can safely install now from asus just like that?
Yes Install the drivers I linked to and you will be fine.
Just be sure to right click on the driver files (the ones from Asus and the one from AMD) and choose Properties and click on the Unblock box then the Apply Button Before you extract and install then.

Energy-Ray

Prominent
Oct 17, 2019
Yes Install the drivers I linked to and you will be fine.
Just be sure to right click on the driver files (the ones from Asus and the one from AMD) and choose Properties and click on the Unblock box then the Apply Button Before you extract and install then.
Ok i did what u said,but when i run setup.exe i have 2 different accept buttons to click,the one says accept and express installation and the other says accept and adapted/customized installation,what should i click?