[SOLVED] ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. STRIX X99 GAMING Rev 1.xx .... WI-FI question

these are my mobo details it is about 3 years old

Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. STRIX X99 GAMING Rev 1.xx
Serial Number: 160572517000138
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. 1902 03/21/2018

My pc is currently connected to my internet hub via ethernet , a telephone engineer said I need to move my hub closer to my master socket to reduce the length of the phone wire.
So my question is this , the mobo came with an asus wi-fi adaptor that i have never used .

This link shows the product

https://www.asus-accessories.com/wi-fi-antenna-64074-64434.htm

Before i start taking all my wires apart has anyone reading this ever used the adaptor , is it any good for gaming and do i need a driver to make it work. I am on windows 10.
The adaptor is about 150mm x 50mm and folds into an L shape. It has 2 brass screws that connect to the mobo but as i say i have never tried it.

Last edited:
Solution
First, since you're on 1902, there are two more BIOS updates pending, version 1903 and 2101. Update to the latest and see if that helps. Also, you will need to download the WiFi drivers from their support site, here,(he Wireless section is where the drivers are located) and the latest version is usually marked with the date(and version).

The Board you own already has WiFi on it, the link you've posted are for antenna's that plug in to the adapter on the motherboard to help with range(signal strength).
I originally posted this in mobo section but nobody has answered it so maybe here !

these are my mobo details it is about 3 years old

Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. STRIX X99 GAMING Rev 1.xx
Serial Number: 160572517000138
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. 1902 03/21/2018

My pc is currently connected to my internet hub via ethernet , a telephone engineer said I need to move my hub closer to my master socket to reduce the length of the phone wire.
So my question is this , the mobo came with an asus wi-fi adaptor that i have never used .

This link shows the product

https://www.asus-accessories.com/wi-fi-antenna-64074-64434.htm

Before i start taking all my wires apart has anyone reading this ever used the adaptor , is it any good for gaming and do i need a driver to make it work. I am on windows 10.
The adaptor is about 150mm x 50mm and folds into an L shape. It has 2 brass screws that connect to the mobo but as i say i have never tried it.

Lutfij

Titan
First, since you're on 1902, there are two more BIOS updates pending, version 1903 and 2101. Update to the latest and see if that helps. Also, you will need to download the WiFi drivers from their support site, here,(he Wireless section is where the drivers are located) and the latest version is usually marked with the date(and version).

The Board you own already has WiFi on it, the link you've posted are for antenna's that plug in to the adapter on the motherboard to help with range(signal strength).

Solution
Thanks for your reply , i did not realise the board had wi fi built into it as the company who custom built the pc for me did not supply a lot of the paperwork that i would have got had i bought all the parts myself .

That said you have actually solved a mystery for me , i got a second pc with a similar board and put it in my spare room. At the time i was puzzled when i saw a message come up on screen saying connected to home hub. At that point i had not got to desktop for first time and i estimate i was running for about 20 minutes with no protection from the outside world.

TRENDING THREADS