Question AT-2020 Keeps Crashing PC

Ryster_117

Commendable
Oct 15, 2020
As stated I have a Audio Technica AT-2020 USB mic connected to my ORICO 7 USB3.0 PCI-E adapter that seems to cut out constantly whenever I switch my recording device to my AT-2020, it causes my audio devices to switch back and forth, hearing the connected device and then disconnected device noise on repeat until my pc freezes and I have to restart it. I've disabled power saving on my usbs but I think it might still be an issue of drawing too much power because I tried swapping my mic with my headset usb and it kept doing the same thing. So its either the usb port itself or my psu. Seeing as I have a 750w PSU though I don't really understand how adding one more device is causing this.

Ryster_117

Commendable
Oct 15, 2020
i have seen a few threads around of others using a ORICO PCIe card and having bad experiences similar to yours and others with shorted devices that were plugged into it.

personally i would be returning if possible.
if not, just discard.
I think I may have an idea as to what the issue is, with some swapping around of cables and a day of not using it, I noticed that my pc is not registering the mic at all, the blue light comes on to indicated that its on but it does not show as an audio device. I tried plugging it into my laptop and played with the cable a little, when I bent the cable I noticed that it crashed my laptop. Could it be a case of getting a new cable for my mic to fix the problem?