AT-2020 Mic Issues

ProphetBras

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Hi,
I bought the XLR version of the Audio Technica AT-2020, which after being run through a cheaper phantom power set (which of course causes a bit of static), works decently on my Windows 10 desktop. If I go to audio settings, then listen to the device I can hear myself fine, although I cannot hear myself in any programs unless I enable noise suppression & acoustic echo cancellation (which kills the quality obviously). Is there any way to fix this? Or am I doomed to sub-par quality from a mic I payed good money for? Also please note that changing audio quality does not affect my issue.

if you want live monitoring it would be easier and better quality if you used a decent audio interface instead.

i cant say i've heard of 'listen to this device' failing to work when you're in a game. normally the problem is with the delay in response from talking to hearing.

ProphetBras

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
What I mean is that I have the mic connected, when listening to it using the option in the device's properties, it sounds fine, just no programs besides Audacity pick up any sound from it.