At A Loss Choosing Monitor For PC Build

cullen_prince

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
Buily my first pc back in July. Runs great, however, I've been using an old LG monitor from the garage. I'd like to upgrade but with all the different display specs out there, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Running Ryzen R5 1600/RX 580 8GB/16GB Vengeance LPX 2933 MhZ

I play mainly RPG games i.e. Witcher, FarCry, Tomb Raider, Skyrim, WoW
The only fps I play is Overwatch

In regards to:

Resolution - I understand my gpu will essentially whatever is thrown at it on 1080p...but I've been wondering if 1440p is worth it more in the long run if I turn my settings down.
Refresh Rate - Should I be wanting 144hz? Especially if I opt for 1080p? Aware that 144hz wont happen on 1440p.
Freesync - Is this something that'd be silly to not take advantage of with my card? I know there's a relationship between Freesync and refresh rate, but not quite sure of the actual details.
Panel - IPS or TN? I honestly don't have a clue.
Any Other Factor I'm forgetting

Furthermore...I don't know when, but at some point in the future, I'd like to have a dual monitor setup. Ideally, one for gaming and the other for various other tasks (browsing, streaming, music, etc) With that in mind, I'm wondering if it should play a role in the initial monitor I'd like to buy right now.

Apologies for the wall of text...but I guess I'm basically wondering what combination of all the various display specs would be optimal for me. Any help or suggestions regarding this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!