Question At available price, should I go for RTX 3060 TI or RTX 3070 TI

Dec 20, 2022
Hello everyone, G'day!

Guys I'd like to ask some help of which is the best choice for me to go, I'm from Brazil and at January/23 I'm going to Paraguay, the paradise of GPU for us Brazilians, since taxes are lower and final prices are much lower than in Brazil.

I need to choose whether to pick-up a RTX 3060 TI or go straight for the RTX 3070 TI, below the available prices and models of them.

RTX 3060 TI
WARRANTY: Seller gives 7 days only for all above options, and I think I won't have manufactures warranty, because I don't have a Brazilian invoice to request the RMA.

RTX 3070 TI
  • RTX 3070 TI Gigabyte Eagle oc (triple-fan) - USD 597,00 - With three months seller's warranty
  • RTX 3070 TI Gigabyte Eagle oc (triple-fan) - USD 620,00 - With six months seller's warranty
  • RTX 3070 TI Colorful Igame Advanced (triple-fan) - USD 555,00 - With 7 days seller's warranty
Below my setup settings
  • Ryzen 7 1800x
  • MOBO Gigabyte b450m
  • PSU Corsair gold rm850x - 850w
  • Viper DDR4 16 GB (2x8 GB) - 2666 MHz
  • SSD 516 GB
My main questions are:
1 - Is the additional price worthy it to go for the RTX 3070 TI or should I stick with the RTX 3060 TI ?
2 - Which of these cards are the most reliable options ? Mainly for the 7 days warranty options ... Since it's more risky.
3 - Which GPU option and model would you go for ?
3 - Which is the COLDEST GPU option ? I really have a thing with hot GPU which makes me very uncomfortable and to dislike it, so I would like to pick a GPU that would stay colder.
4 - Or would you wait for the RTX 4000 series ? I've seen RTX 4070 TI are coming up soon.

Below more options of the RTX 3060 TI and RTX 3070 TI, so you could look all options:

RTX 3060 TI
https://mobile.comprasparaguai.com.br/busca/?q=Placa+rtx+3060+ti

RTX 3070 TI
https://mobile.comprasparaguai.com.br/busca/?q=Placa+rtx+3070+ti

I'm really sorry if the question and post looks silly, but I've been thinking about days of which to choose (around 2 weeks already) and couldn't make a secure decision.

Thanks in advance guys,

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
My main questions are:
1 - Is the additional price worthy it to go for the RTX 3070 TI or should I stick with the RTX 3060 TI ?
2 - Which of these cards are the most reliable options ? Mainly for the 7 days warranty options ... Since it's more risky.
3 - Which is the COLDEST GPU option ? I really have a thing with hot GPU which makes me very uncomfortable and to dislike it, so I would like to pick a GPU that would stay colder.
4 - Or would you wait for the RTX 4000 series ? I've seen RTX 4070 TI are coming up soon.
1)A personal query only you can really answer if both were in your hands... but if you can comfortably afford a card 2 tiers higher, why is the other one even being considered...
2)None. No, really. Stuff happens, and everyone swears by different brands.
3)IDK, none of them really pop out at me - guess I've become desensitized to this stuff... maybe the 3070Ti Boomstar?
4)Ok. I see these kinds of questions sometimes and they are IMPOSSIBLE, as someone needs to have tested all the cards being considered in the same case and surrounding environment, as those have an effect on cooling.
5)Do you really need a 4K capable gpu? You're likely in need of a cpu and ram speed upgrade too - but if you were to get your hands on the 5800X 3D, you could skip the ram as it doesn't care about that at all like the other Ryzen chips do.

Reactions: RodroX

mjbn1977

Distinguished
This is kind of hard to answer as long as we don't know what you plan to do with it. What kind of games do you play, what resolution/screen you using, how important is ray tracing for you....

The 3070ti is about 15% faster than the 3060ti. But the cost for a 3070ti will be about 30% higher.

In regards to the 4070ti: We don't know exactly where this will be but it might be maybe up to 30 % faster than the 3070ti (pure speculation). But what will it cost.....my guess it will be $799 or $899 US MSRP

Last edited:
3070 Ti is worth only, if it has similar price to 3070 (non ti). Performance is very similar.
Probably stick with 3060 ti.
Probably - 3060 Ti Gigabyte.
4070 Ti will be like $900 (or not significantly cheaper).
What's the point in waiting, if price is not acceptable?

Dec 20, 2022
I currently play games (Fortnite, rocket league and some other games) on wide-screen FHD 29" monitor ( 2560 X 1080 p), but I plan to change for a QHD monitor (2560 X 1440p) on near future.

About the RTX 3060 TI GIGABYTE EAGLE OC, I've seen some review that this is a hot GPU card, could get around 80° C on open desktop, is it true ?

mjbn1977

Distinguished
I currently play games (Fortnite, rocket league and some other games) on wide-screen FHD 29" monitor ( 2560 X 1080 p), but I plan to change for a QHD monitor (2560 X 1440p) on near future.

About the RTX 3060 TI GIGABYTE EAGLE OC, I've seen some review that this is a hot GPU card, could get around 80° C on open desktop, is it true ?

if you plan to switch to 1440p soon, I probably would go with the 3070ti. But you have to decide if 30% more money for 15% more performance (vs. the 3060ti) is worth it for you. I am probably not the best person to give GPU related money advice since I just spent a fortune on an overpriced 4080.....

It also depends how long you tend to keep your video cards. Some people switch them every generation. then you might get away with a lower tier model. But if you plan to keep them for a longer time 4 years or longer, it might be better to get the faster one.....

To answer your questions:
  1. Worth is something only YOU can determine.
  2. No telling. Most parts fail when you install them if they are going to fail. 7 days should be sufficient.
  3. My philosophy is to buy the better card at the higher price if I can afford it. Buying the cheaper leaves you with second guessing.
  4. If you wait for the next best thing, you will wait forever.

But, I have a question:
What is your current card and how sure that your cpu is not a limiting factor.
Try this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.
Seems to me that 1800x is a bit weak for this class of cards.

Graphics cards do run hot, but they are built to do so.
They normally pick a 80c. target temperature and run as best as they can. Avoid the factory overclocked cards that need extra power.

What is the make/model of your case and cpu cooler?
A well ventilated case is the key to cool running.

Reactions: Gasturax
Dec 20, 2022
To answer your questions:
  1. Worth is something only YOU can determine.
  2. No telling. Most parts fail when you install them if they are going to fail. 7 days should be sufficient.
  3. My philosophy is to buy the better card at the higher price if I can afford it. Buying the cheaper leaves you with second guessing.
  4. If you wait for the next best thing, you will wait forever.
But, I have a question:
What is your current card and how sure that your cpu is not a limiting factor.
Try this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.
Seems to me that 1800x is a bit weak for this class of cards.

Graphics cards do run hot, but they are built to do so.
They normally pick a 80c. target temperature and run as best as they can. Avoid the factory overclocked cards that need extra power.

What is the make/model of your case and cpu cooler?
A well ventilated case is the key to cool running.

Hello dear firstly thanks all you guys for comments and support!

About my last GPU it was a GTX 1070 TI Asus ROG Strix, but I sold it already, the ryzen 7 1800x was never limitating it.

As for either RTX 3060 TI or RTX 3070 TI, I don't think the ryzen 7 1800x will bottleneck it, it may be a factor for less FPS than a ryzen 7 5700x for example, but I think will still handle if .... In my opinion, it's still a damn strong CPU which averages around 30% of its usage.

As for the case of the desktop I really don't remember the model but think in getting a new one, would you suggest me any with good airflow and decent price ?

As for the RTX I think I'm gonna get the RTX 3070 TI, the difference is around USD 159 but I think I'll regret to pick the cheaper one.

Which model of RTX 3070 TI you think has the better cooling solution?
  • Asus gigabyte Eagle oc (triple-fan)
  • Galax Chinese model Boomstar (triple-fan)
  • Galax Chinese model Metaltop (triple-fan)
  • Colorful Igame Advanced (triple-fan)
  • Colorful battleAx (triple-fan)

All of the above are pickable options since price variation is very small ... Below link with all options.

To be honest the one I liked the most is the Colorful Igame Advanced, did any of you guys had this model before ? Is it a good pick ?

Dec 20, 2022
1)A personal query only you can really answer if both were in your hands... but if you can comfortably afford a card 2 tiers higher, why is the other one even being considered...
2)None. No, really. Stuff happens, and everyone swears by different brands.
3)IDK, none of them really pop out at me - guess I've become desensitized to this stuff... maybe the 3070Ti Boomstar?
4)Ok. I see these kinds of questions sometimes and they are IMPOSSIBLE, as someone needs to have tested all the cards being considered in the same case and surrounding environment, as those have an effect on cooling.
5)Do you really need a 4K capable gpu? You're likely in need of a cpu and ram speed upgrade too - but if you were to get your hands on the 5800X 3D, you could skip the ram as it doesn't care about that at all like the other Ryzen chips do.

Do you think the Galaxy Boomstar is the best option ? Have you had any good experience with this GPU card ?

Ar558

Proper
Dec 13, 2022
Hello everyone, G'day!

Guys I'd like to ask some help of which is the best choice for me to go, I'm from Brazil and at January/23 I'm going to Paraguay, the paradise of GPU for us Brazilians, since taxes are lower and final prices are much lower than in Brazil.

I need to choose whether to pick-up a RTX 3060 TI or go straight for the RTX 3070 TI, below the available prices and models of them.

RTX 3060 TI
WARRANTY: Seller gives 7 days only for all above options, and I think I won't have manufactures warranty, because I don't have a Brazilian invoice to request the RMA.

RTX 3070 TI
  • RTX 3070 TI Gigabyte Eagle oc (triple-fan) - USD 597,00 - With three months seller's warranty
  • RTX 3070 TI Gigabyte Eagle oc (triple-fan) - USD 620,00 - With six months seller's warranty
  • RTX 3070 TI Colorful Igame Advanced (triple-fan) - USD 555,00 - With 7 days seller's warranty
Below my setup settings
  • Ryzen 7 1800x
  • MOBO Gigabyte b450m
  • PSU Corsair gold rm850x - 850w
  • Viper DDR4 16 GB (2x8 GB) - 2666 MHz
  • SSD 516 GB
My main questions are:

Below more options of the RTX 3060 TI and RTX 3070 TI, so you could look all options:

RTX 3060 TI
https://mobile.comprasparaguai.com.br/busca/?q=Placa+rtx+3060+ti

RTX 3070 TI

I'm really sorry if the question and post looks silly, but I've been thinking about days of which to choose (around 2 weeks already) and couldn't make a secure decision.

Thanks in advance guys,
With your set up I would go for the 3060TI Gigabyte Eagle at $396. You are likely to bottleneck the 3070ti with a 1000 series Ryzen so it would be a waste unless you were building a whole new machine.

These are new GPU! The store for some reason is 7 days only, it's bad right ... But the good available price.
Yeah price is very good for a new GPU in our region of the world. In Argentina you would be paying +USD 770 for a MSI RTX 3070TI Gaming TRIO (for example).

With your set up I would go for the 3060TI Gigabyte Eagle at $396. You are likely to bottleneck the 3070ti with a 1000 series Ryzen so it would be a waste unless you were building a whole new machine.

I do agree with Ar558, perhaps you can use the saved money to upgrade your R7 1800 to a R5 3600 or R5 5600 (or the gaming beast R7 5800X3D, not very cheap in our countries). Keep in mind you will need a BIOS update for this, and depending on the mobo model after you do the update the R7 1800 may not work again on that mobo.

Be sure to check the supported CPUs on the mobo maker site, and the BIOS update path and instructions before you do or buy anything.

Reactions: Ar558
Dec 20, 2022

Thanks dear! You think the gigabyte Eagle oc is the best option over the galax Metaltop or other models ?

Reactions: Ar558
Dec 20, 2022
Yeah price is very good for a new GPU in our region of the world. In Argentina you would be paying +USD 770 for a MSI RTX 3070TI Gaming TRIO (for example).

I do agree with Ar558, perhaps you can use the saved money to upgrade your R7 1800 to a R5 3600 or R5 5600 (or the gaming beast R7 5800X3D, not very cheap in our countries). Keep in mind you will need a BIOS update for this, and depending on the mobo model after you do the update the R7 1800 may not work again on that mobo.

Be sure to check the supported CPUs on the mobo maker site, and the BIOS update path and instructions before you do or buy anything.

Unfortunately can't afford the ryzen 7 5800monsterX3D jajajaja

I'm really unsure, think I'm gonna decide only at day of pick-up, might end up getting the RTX 3070 TI itself, it'll last longer for a not so bigger difference

vertigo_2_20

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 13, 2009
As has been mentioned, only you know what performance level to get and what it's worth it to you to pay. That said, given that price is clearly an issue for you (you're going to another country and risking forfeiting the warranty to save some money on it) I would recommend the 3060 over the 3070 and especially the 4070. This is not only because it's cheaper, but because if it breaks and you have no warranty, at least you'll only be out the lesser amount of money and will have the difference to put toward something else. Also, when it comes to certain things, especially GPUs, I always prefer to buy slightly older and lower-end/midrange but much cheaper ones and upgrade more often if necessary. For example, if you can spend 400 on a 3060 instead of 600 on a 3070, then in a couple/few more years you can buy e.g. a 5060 for the difference plus a couple hundred more, and then have a much better card, whereas with the 3070 you'd need to stick with it longer and be using that instead of the 5060 later. Of course, it means a bit less performance now, but if you don't need it now, it'll help you get more later when you need it.

Reactions: Gasturax
Dec 20, 2022
As has been mentioned, only you know what performance level to get and what it's worth it to you to pay. That said, given that price is clearly an issue for you (you're going to another country and risking forfeiting the warranty to save some money on it) I would recommend the 3060 over the 3070 and especially the 4070. This is not only because it's cheaper, but because if it breaks and you have no warranty, at least you'll only be out the lesser amount of money and will have the difference to put toward something else. Also, when it comes to certain things, especially GPUs, I always prefer to buy slightly older and lower-end/midrange but much cheaper ones and upgrade more often if necessary. For example, if you can spend 400 on a 3060 instead of 600 on a 3070, then in a couple/few more years you can buy e.g. a 5060 for the difference plus a couple hundred more, and then have a much better card, whereas with the 3070 you'd need to stick with it longer and be using that instead of the 5060 later. Of course, it means a bit less performance now, but if you don't need it now, it'll help you get more later when you need it.

Perfect said dear, this finally makes things more clear to me, Im gonna go for the RTX 3060 TI, there is no much sense on investing more for a RTX 3070 TI, future generations are coming soon and I wouldn't like to stick much long with an old GPU.

Which of this list would you go for / would you recommend, based on most-effective colling solution ?

RTX 3060 TI
RTX 3060 TI Asus Mini V2-LHR - USD 420,00.
RTX 3060 TI colorful battle-ax - USD 420,00
RTX 3060 TI Gigabyte Eagle oc (dual-fan) - USD 396,00
RTX 3060 TI Galaxy Chinese version called Metaltop (Triple fan) - USD 396,00, link for this one jfr: https://mobile.comprasparaguai.com....lax-1665mhz-geforce-gddr6-oc-fg-lhr__3365171/

vertigo_2_20

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 13, 2009
Perfect said dear, this finally makes things more clear to me, Im gonna go for the RTX 3060 TI, there is no much sense on investing more for a RTX 3070 TI, future generations are coming soon and I wouldn't like to stick much long with an old GPU.

Which of this list would you go for / would you recommend, based on most-effective colling solution ?

RTX 3060 TI
RTX 3060 TI Asus Mini V2-LHR - USD 420,00.
RTX 3060 TI colorful battle-ax - USD 420,00
RTX 3060 TI Gigabyte Eagle oc (dual-fan) - USD 396,00
RTX 3060 TI Galaxy Chinese version called Metaltop (Triple fan) - USD 396,00, link for this one jfr: https://mobile.comprasparaguai.com....lax-1665mhz-geforce-gddr6-oc-fg-lhr__3365171/

That I can't help with, as I'm not familiar with them. But I'd personally go for either the Asus or Gigabyte just based on brand (personal opinion), and the former for brand, the latter for price. Keep in mind I haven't looked at reviews for them, as that's something you should do yourself. As for cooling, you'll likely benefit more from making sure your case is well-designed and set up properly for that than from choosing one card or another.

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
As an owner of a 3070Ti (pointless card), I would recommend you go for a 3060Ti. The price of the 3070ti isn't worth it.
For the games you are playing the 3060Ti is more than enough. And you can save a bit more money and upgrade the CPU if you buy the 3060.
As for the brand - go with Asus or Gigabyte.
The cooling - too many aspects you should consider - case, fans, airflow, amb temp, and so on, so nobody can tell you which to choose.
On the other hand - always go for the best hardware you can afford. I bought mine 3070ti at the time when the 3070ti was like 1300$ and got a dial for 800$. The 3080 was even more expensive.

So in one word - go for the 3060Ti, save some money and upgrade your CPU with something like 5600 for ~140 USD from amazon.

Jul 31, 2022
If you're looking for reassurance as to something you've already decided on, let me hand you some practical points.

The 3070 TI will last longer between upgrades as the more powerful GPU.

there's also not much of a power consumption difference between the two despite the 3070 TI having more Ray tracing cores.

Honestly I think you should get the better GPU and just wait out upgrades for longer. Less pain more gain.

TRENDING THREADS