[SOLVED] At PC start CPU LED goes on and GPU Fan stop spinning

Nov 13, 2021
Hello there! I've got a Problem with my newly buyed PC Components. When I try to turn the PC on CPU LED is on and the GPU fan stops spinning after a few seconds, all other Fans spin normally.
New are the MB, CPU, RAM.

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
CPU: AMD ryzen 5 5600X ( already tried Bios update )
CPU Cooler:Boxed Cooler
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 3600MHZ
PSU: EVGA 80plus gold 600W
GPU:Sapphire AMD radeon r7 250E ( also tried XFX radeon rx 6600 )

What I tried:
Update via USB Stick
Take out CMOS Battery over the night
different PSU
CPU from AMD Boot Kit
Different GPU
Trick on Youtube where he holds the on Button while fastly switching PSU off on
Booting with Minimal setup, booting with just CPU ( It get's a little Hot without CPU fan )

Hope you guys can help me

Solution
Booting with Minimal setup, booting with just CPU ( It get's a little Hot without CPU fan )
Something to mention, always use the cooler even when testing with as few components as you can.

What model of psu is that EVGA?

Might be motherboard or you just got unlucky and got a doa cpu. Weird thing is that the bios update did work so where that doesn't technically need the cpu it afaik need a working motherboard. But then again with the AMD Bootkit it didn't work as well. Am abit baffled.

With the minimal boot you even didn't use the ram? Guess that you breadboarded.
Nov 13, 2021
The bios update worked?

Checked if the cpu has bent pins?
Firstly thanks for your reply,
Yes the Update worked, the MB restarted just as I seen in some Videos, also the Bios won't let me make another Update ( blinks two Times then stays red )
I also tried with the AMD Boot Kit and the Board was released after ryzen 3xxx as I read. Still the same
The first CPU I tried actually had bent Pins but I requested an RMA for this one, the current one has good pins

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Something to mention, always use the cooler even when testing with as few components as you can.

Might be motherboard or you just got unlucky and got a doa cpu. Weird thing is that the bios update did work so where that doesn't technically need the cpu it afaik need a working motherboard. But then again with the AMD Bootkit it didn't work as well. Am abit baffled.

Solution
Nov 13, 2021

I think I need to RMA the MB right?
Could it be some incompatibilities, just asking before I go through the whole RMA Process for nothing? (Well, I RMA in both cases I think, don't need an usable MB here )
The PSU is this one: https://www.alternate.de/EVGA/600-GD-80plus-GOLD-600W-PC-Netzteil/html/product/1762952

Could it be the Socket? Just tried with the Pin bent CPU and didn't notice they were bent, so I used a little Force

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I think I need to RMA the MB right?
Might be necessary, is hard to say. Something you need to decide in the end.

Could it be some incompatibilities
Thought of the ram, even now sometimes it can give issues.

Could it be the Socket? Just tried with the Pin bent CPU and didn't notice they were bent, so I used a little Force
Tried bending the pins back? There are a few tutorials about that. Didn't need to send it back?

Nov 13, 2021
Tried bending the pins back? There are a few tutorials about that. Didn't need to send it back?
Well, as I noticed it really lot were really much bent and as I just wanted it to work I made the most simple thing and RMA'd it

Thought of the ram, even now sometimes it can give issues.
Dunno if this says something but their RGB Lights go on

I guess I just try sending back
Thanks for your help

Reactions: Vic 40

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Not too happy with this choice as well,
https://www.alternate.de/EVGA/600-GD-80plus-GOLD-600W-PC-Netzteil/html/product/1762952
not the best for a low budget you could have chosen, rather would have gone for this,
https://www.alternate.de/Thermaltake/Toughpower-DPS-G-650W-PC-Netzteil/html/product/1154551
even when older, for that price i think i would have taken my chances with this one. Don't know until when they would have been made, but first reviews are from about 2014.

Anyway could you return the EVGA?

Other options,
https://www.alternate.de/Corsair/TX550M-PC-Netzteil/html/product/1334585
while a little more money imo a much better option.