AT&T Shakes Up Data Plans

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConcurrentFlame

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Some cheapskates here, get what you pay for. I bet those of you paying less than $100 a month are not getting 4G LTE speeds at all.

$80 a month (before all the taxes and crap) unlimited (everything) with Sprint. With my HTC M9, my slowest speed using "SpeedTest" was 30.92 Mb. Fastest was 48.58 Mb. Is that not 4g LTE speeds?
Some cheapskates here, get what you pay for. I bet those of you paying less than $100 a month are not getting 4G LTE speeds at all.

$80 a month (before all the taxes and crap) unlimited (everything) with Sprint. With my HTC M9, my slowest speed using "SpeedTest" was 30.92 Mb. Fastest was 48.58 Mb. Is that not 4g LTE speeds?

Did Tmobile buy Sprint, becuase that the SAME price and SAME speed as I have with Tmobo.

spies_sparks

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
I can buy a 30.6 € monthly plan in Denmark that gives me 20 GB data, Free talk, SMS and MMS.

Paying 100$ to get a decent data amount, seems like a real bu.TT rape with no lube.

spies_sparks

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
The issue will persist as long as the majority will still buy and use their shitty plans. If companies like these would experience how it feels to lose let say 40-50% of their customers in a short period of time, they would change their pricing policy.

spies_sparks

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
The issue will persist as long as the majority will still buy and use their shitty plans. If companies like these would experience how it feels to lose, let's say 40-50% of their customers in a short period of time, they would change their pricing policy.

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015
The issue will persist as long as the majority will still buy and use their shitty plans. If companies like these would experience how it feels to lose let say 40-50% of their customers in a short period of time, they would change their pricing policy.

not sure about that . Verizon is losing customers left and right and they don't seem to give 2 sh*ts

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Who pays per minute anymore? what about text usage? no one, these plans are the last chance to make their plans confusing to the public. If all carriers had same plans for the same price which one would you chose(including phones)?

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Cricket does not have "the best" phones when compared to ATT so for those of use that wants better phones getting third rate phones may be for some but not for all.

You can bring your own phone. An unlocked GSM phone from your previous carrier, or buy a new one.

I'm paying $70 per month for 2 lines that each get their own 2.5 GB limit, no overages. More than happy. We looked into 'normal' plans, but just the fees that don't show up until you're finalizing the agreement would be ~$30. Insanity. I could buy a new Moto G every three months with the savings.

BrandonYoung

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014
We just upgraded from our AT&T 10GB family share plan, to a 15GB plan at the same price. The best news: AT&T reset our data limit after doing so, effectively giving us 25GB this billing cycle as we were about out of data before the upgrade. I wish I would have jumped on the last promotional offer which doubled data limits (15GB into 30GB for $130). I am more than happy with the change however.

Status
Not open for further replies.