At witt's end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Yep that is the correct one. it will install your SATA drivers which will let windows detect your controller and Hard drive

Sorry for the double post

I had to make a SATA floppy driver from complete cratch off the MB CD for an ASUS socket A MB the other day. Not the MB disc that has the feature of 'make a sasa driver' disk. Just from scratch. If you have ever tried to do this, get the right files loaded onto a 1.44 floppy, you know what I mean. major pain. Then consider when I was in college they invented the scientific calculator! hahahahahaha!

Yep that is the correct one. it will install your SATA drivers which will let windows detect your controller and Hard drive

I had to make a SATA floppy driver from complete scratch off the MB CD for an ASUS socket A MB the other day. Not the MB disc that has the feature of 'make a sasa driver' disk. Just from scratch. If you have ever tried to do this, get the right files loaded onto a 1.44 floppy, you know what I mean. major pain. Then consider when I was in college they invented the scientific calculator! hahahahahaha!

I had to make a SATA floppy driver from complete scratch off the MB CD for an ASUS socket A MB the other day. Not the MB disc that has the feature of 'make a sata driver' disk. Just from scratch. If you have ever tried to do this, get the Sata right files loaded onto a 1.44 floppy, you know what I mean. Major pain. I rather have teeth pulled. Then consider when I was in college they invented the scientific calculator! hahahahahaha!

I had to make a SATA floppy driver disc from complete scratch off the MB CD for an ASUS socket A MB the other day. Not the MB disc that has the feature of 'make a sata driver' disk. Just from scratch. If you have ever tried to do this, get the Sata right files loaded onto a 1.44 floppy, you know what I mean. Major pain. I rather have teeth pulled. Then consider when I was in college they invented the scientific calculator! hahahahahaha!

I had to make a SATA floppy driver disc from complete scratch off the MB CD for an ASUS socket A MB the other day. Not the MB disc that has the feature of 'make a sata driver' disk. Just from scratch. If you have ever tried to do this, get the correct Sata files loaded onto a 1.44 floppy, you know what I mean. Major pain. I'd rather have teeth pulled. Then consider when I was in college they invented the scientific calculator! hahahahahaha! Ever talked taiwanese? And to a guy named John davidson? LOL!

Toms has the slowest web site I have experienced in a while. Must be the entire state of C on here.

Multiplectic is lucky MSI made that SATA floppy driver disc for him. I have a MB that didn't come with a floppy driver disc. The Serial ATA connectors are absolutely 'new' technology on the socket A board. The MOBO CD does not have a 'make sata floppy driver disc' option. I had to figure out how to make my own SATA FLOPPY DRIVER DISC in order to install a 300 g. mator HD on that motherboard. I hope that 'splains what I was sayin'.

Sory for the multi posts. This webite has some major traffic slowdown problems.

sunangel

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
Sounds to me you'd be an excellent candidate for a switching to a gaming console.

Cheers!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"OCing is for men, but not all men are OCers." "What are you saying?" "My wife left me for a Dell."

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Are you still on the console thing? He needs his computer fixed! Not to hear that he should get a console. There are things that a computer will do a console cant you know.

antichrysler

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
The exact problem you're having is that you're running overclocked with onboard raid. It may not be obvious but the "raid" on that motherboard is nothing more than software based. If your CPU is running overclocked there is a good chance that it is making read/write errors.

My advice is put your CPU back to stock. Disable raid, only use one hard drive. Once you know it's running stable do a bios update. See how it goes for a few days. If the crashing goes away then try raid. Bearing in mind that the software raid is flaky and you should not expect it to be completely reliable. If you expect to have a system like this that runs stable I would recommend a standalone raid card.

claypidgon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well so far it seems to be ok,took the overclock of redid the raid0 and re-installed everything..Have all optomised default settings on the cell menu pages in the BIOS,dont think its running quite right but seems stable....