ATA 33 - WTF is going on??

I have a new Abit IS7-E motherboard and on it I have a Western Digital 200GB
Hard disk as primary on the first channel & new MSI DVD RW as primary on the
second channel and a DVD ROM as slave on the secondary channel. Installed on
the pc is the chipset cd that came with my m/b, the problem is when booting
the pc says all these devices are ATA 33 and not ATA 133 which is what they
are supposed to be. The cables attaching these devices are the ones supplied
with the m/b, could someone please shed some light on this and let me know
what I need to do to get them working on ATA 133? I assumed it should be
automatically recognised, like it was when I used the same hard drive on
another machine using the same cables.

Thanks in advance for any help I receive, this is not a major problem but I
do want it sorted.

Shiva

"Remo-Shiva" <info@areyoufedup.com> wrote in message
> I have a new Abit IS7-E motherboard and on it I have a Western Digital
200GB
> Hard disk as primary on the first channel & new MSI DVD RW as primary on
the
> second channel and a DVD ROM as slave on the secondary channel. Installed
on
> the pc is the chipset cd that came with my m/b, the problem is when
booting
> the pc says all these devices are ATA 33 and not ATA 133 which is what
they
> are supposed to be. The cables attaching these devices are the ones
supplied
> with the m/b, could someone please shed some light on this and let me know
> what I need to do to get them working on ATA 133? I assumed it should be
> automatically recognised, like it was when I used the same hard drive on
> another machine using the same cables.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help I receive, this is not a major problem but
> do want it sorted.
>
> Shiva

Just to confirm: the cables you are using are 80-conductor and you have
connected the odd-colored ends to the MB?
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]