Atari Sues Game Sites For Low Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr roboto

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
It won't matter much weather or not the reviews are taken down, I heard it's not good at all. But what do you expect when Atari starts meddling with a possible good game? Almost all their titles are released with a ton of bugs and bad gameplay mechanics. No amount of patches can fix bad mechanics.

[citation][nom]timaahhh[/nom]Whats a scene release?[/citation]

Pirated software or Warez.

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
If they reviewed pirated copies I can see why Atari might complain. If they were press copies then maybe a contract was breached. I'm sure Atari wouldn't give out press copies without pairing them with a nice fat NDA.

G

lol... sore losers =P

either way I don't care i'm getting AitD

swiftpulse

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
Hey, the url I put in my post disappeared.

Here it's again, without using the tags [url=http://www.gamerankings...://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/930280.asp

lopopo

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Not surprised at all. I think we will see more of this type of thing in the time to come. Times are changing, people are much more educated and big companies do not like that. Companies like EA have turned game production into car production; the types of assembly lines that Henry Ford would drool over. I can only hope people pas as much attention to government policies as they do to which game sucks the most.

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
I don't understand why Atari would be bitching about people reviewing unfished unready games? thats what Atari releases all the time.

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
This is why I hate the press. "Atari sues because of low reviews." No, Atari sued because reviews were posted about a game not released yet. You say "well, it was off of press releases". Is it not possible Atari did not send those companies press releases, which would mean they didn't have legal access to the game to begin with, hence the suing? Of course not! We're the press and we're never the bad guys, it had to be because of a low review score and not the possibility that the content was pirated!

Status
Not open for further replies.