'Atari Vault' Brings 100 Classic Atari Games To Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I played most of these games when they came out, I don't feel nostalgic enough to play them one more time, for $16.99 I think its a great deal to show my grandchildren what we used to play back in my day, it would have been even better if I could play them on my smartphone

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
I played most of these games when they came out, I don't feel nostalgic enough to play them one more time, for $16.99 I think its a great deal to show my grandchildren what we used to play back in my day, it would have been even better if I could play them on my smartphone

You can if you're part of the android universe. Look for an app called M.A.M.E. I have it on an old trusty G4 and it works great. Don't know if they ever brought it to IOs, maybe they have by now. Make sure you get the correct rom set for it though.

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
I have nostalgia for the arcades but I was never a 2600 player. My first computer was an Atari 800, so I had a bit higher standard early on. So there are really just 17 arcade games and one of them is Pong. Also, the range ends very early, before such landmarks as 'I, Robot' or 'Hard Drivin''

This isn't the collection I'm looking for.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
atari ! crazy company, watch youtube documentary how everyday at that company was showing up in shorts/tshirts, alchool,pot and womens were on the house,
not sure if any of those classic games are worth playing

shiitaki

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Considering how much the cartridges were back then, 20 bucks is absurdly cheap for a hundred games.

The games back then were so much better, probably because I was kid then, probably because it was new, probably because there was less 'business' and more raw passion then.

The games being simpler and didn't need an army of people to create.

At less than 20 cents a game, they are pretty close to free.

egmccann

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
You can if you're part of the android universe. Look for an app called M.A.M.E. I have it on an old trusty G4 and it works great. Don't know if they ever brought it to IOs, maybe they have by now. Make sure you get the correct rom set for it though.

Sort of "as mentioned," it's probably on whatever platform you want - I've had MAME on and off for PC for ages.

As far as the announcement? I have the old "atari vault." Which doesn't work on anything newer than XP. It'd be nice if I could just trade in.... of course, I also have a (real) Atari 2600 with a few cartridges, too. Just like the one I had as a kid. (First gen, fake wood grain, six silver switches in front... yeah.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS