Athlon 64 3700+ handle F.E.A.R??

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ZRigged

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
:lol: Well said, ak47is1337. However, I have two eVGA 7800GT's in SLi and I wouldn't trade those suckers for ANYTHING...........right now.

SLi and Crossfire will probably fade into oblivion in a couple of years, but in terms of which is better, heh heh, that's a heated debate. It's about scalability...that said, personally, I think SLi is awesome! I love it.

But a single 7800GTX or a 1900XT is more than adequate for any games on the market. If money isn't a problem, then pick your poison. I have had great success with my SLi rig--easy to setup and it will run anything smoothly--maxed out--with beautiful rendering and smooth gameplay. But either of the aforementioned cards will come close, and the difference in gameplay (not just fps or 3D scores) will probably not be noticable, especially with a well-constructed rig (premium ram, etc.).

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I can't agree with you in any way, shape or form. When the GTX 512 was released, it trumpcarded the 7800GTX 256's in SLi. When those were SLI'ed, the X1900XTX came along and destroyed them for less than half the price. It just doesn't make sense as far as I see.

ZRigged

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
I didn't word that well enough, I guess. I love my SLi setup, but I purchased with no intention of upgrading graphics, which I wound up doing anyway. My option was another 7800GT.

When I said "Which is better" I was referring to the scalability of Crossfire vs. SLi. A strong single card will always be better--especially with the newer dual GPU offerings.

ATI is on top right now, and probably for a long while, but honestly, dual 512GTX's or X1900XTX...no one needs that...or needs to spend that kind of money to have extraordinary graphics. The GTX's are WAY TO EXPENSIVE for anyone to justify SLi.