Athlon 860k cooling recommendation

clayieee

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
Hello Guys,
This is what my rig looks like :

JHR01dZ.jpg

I use Deepcool Assassin as my cooler and I know its a high end cooler that makes the D15 from noctua a run for it's money however that seems not to be the case on this CPU which is really weird.

On HW im getting 80c to 89c on load and 30c thermal margin on overdrive and also I felt warm on the heatsink when touched it's pretty hot for a not overclocked 3.7ghz CPU but I need to mention that the voltage hovers around 1.4 but still it's too hot I guess.

my motherboard is a entry level Asus A68hm K and I think the culprit was the VRM or it's not?
What I'm thinking is going back to my old cooler the one with cheaper variant of wraith and place another fan on top of it blowing directly to the VRM? will that make it cooler or just do nothing? I don't want to spend another dime on this build actually.

Will my plan work? Thanks. BTW these deepcool assasin is now on tri fan , those are TF120 and a UF120 which is running on full speed. I don't also think the GPU will affect the heat that GTX 1060 is only around 35c to 55c on load

TF120
UF120

pXKrAVz.jpg

OlxyzGB.jpg

clayieee

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015

I would love to lower the voltage but my mobo's bios doesn't allow me to probably because this is a budget mobo, yes im on the latest bios for this motherboard