ATI Radeon HD 4770: 40nm Goes Mainstream

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frozentundra123456

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Too bad the power consumption is not just a bit less so that the could sell the card without the need for an external power adapter. That would have really set the card apart from the competition.

bikeracer4487

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
Hey, any chance you could post savegames of where you benchmarked from? I think it'd be really handy if you guys posted the save games and/or timedemos that you use to benchmark so we could run them on our own systems to see how we stack up.

G

it's stupid to test 4770 with other components like i7 proc, 6gb CORSAIR DOMINATOR memory :S only dumbass would buy that kind of comp and a 4770 graphic card. ofc i understand that ppl want to take the max out of this 4770 but simply it doesn't fits.

i'm gonna buy 4770 with something like 7750 BE BOX and a 2gb buffalo (800 mhz)

However the point is to test the limits of the card, not the limits of another system.

You don't test a mid-size car in a parking lot simply because it's not a race-car you test it on the track and see what it can do against it's direct competition, you just don't expect it to beat better cards.

Sure the card may end 99% of the time in a much slower rig, but you don't try to cripple it before you know what it CAN do.

Status
Not open for further replies.