ATI Radeon HD 7670 4GB DDR5 is it truth? and can it game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellenicWarrior

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
i was looking for a new graphic card and i found this hd 7670 4 gb ddr5
s-l64.jpg
and i was wondering if its truth coz the most of radeon hd graphics cards are crap and coz i couldn't find any information about it i wasnt sure...
is it true and if yes can it game?

octhed

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017

7670s were never made with 4GB of RAM. They came with 512mb or 1gb of DDR5, or 2gb DDR3. Right now these cards are all over Ebay with fake specs. Sellers are claiming they have "4GB memory size" when in reality they have 4.0 Gbps memory clock. They're betting you won't know the difference and won't bother paying for international shipping to send it back. They cards are very weak. But I see one seller offering them for $11.97 plus $0.97 shipping. That is a good price, even if it does have fake specs, so if you need a vga card for a cheap 7-year-old PC, go for it. And it might be better than integrated graphics from budget CPUs sold just a few years ago, if that is all you have.

If you did buy one of these cards and paid too much, just remember that if an item is "not as described", the seller has to pay return shipping. If you call them out on it, they'll probably let you keep it and get your refund too.

in the series of 77xx and 78xx the only video card that got 2GB was the 78xx series.
The only HD7670 that used GDDR5 was the laptop cpu 7670M model : Ref: https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7670M.69483.0.html
Also looking at the pretty "label" stuck on the back of that video card I can tell you right now... its a fake.

besides what are you trying to play as games, you probably would get better performance from a GT730 over that 7670 card

Status
Not open for further replies.